Thursday, December 31, 2009

At what age should parents tell their children Santa does not exist?

At what age should children not believe in Santa Claus, the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy? I have a friend whose little sister in eleven and she still believes in all of those things.At what age should parents tell their children Santa does not exist?
I think parents should wait and just let their kid find out themselves...they are bound to find out through school or television these days! At one point when they are older...around 11...they may ask you about Santa and you just need to be honest with them..good luck :)At what age should parents tell their children Santa does not exist?
Well I was 5 and my parents told me...I never had the problem of being teased for still believing in Santa, but I wasn't very discrete either. I accidentally told some of my friends.


I would say, let them figure it out throughout elementary school...by middle school, they should know because I knew kids who got teased for still believing in Santa and the Easter Bunny in 6th grade.
i say let them figure it out themselves too. kids are growing up way too fast these days. my nephew figured it out last year when he was 10. kids will talk to each other, then ask about it. that's when it's a good idea to tell them. i found out before i was 7. i wish i had believed longer!





on the other hand, maybe your friend's little sister doesn't believe but is trying to milk it. my friend's cousin did that until he was 14-and finally his parents told him. he thought that if he said he still believed he would keep getting the ';big'; gifts that santa used to bring him...
Probably when they're too heavy to sit on Santa's lap at the Department store or they stay up at night to see if He will somehow slip down the chimney (just kidding). Every person is different, when he or she is intelligent enough to know something is not quite right.
at birth.. why tell children something that's not true and make them believe it only to later tell them that it was a lie?


one story from my coworker.. her son - age 7 - recently asked about santa and my coworker confessed that it's a fairytale.. her son't response was, ';are you telling me that you've been lying to me all these years?';.. unless you want the same outcome, it's better to confess now
my daughter has recently told me she doesnt believe in santa-and that i buy all the pressies.she is 10. i think they work it out for themselves-other kids put doubts in their minds-perhaps she has doubts but is affraid if she tells her mum she wont get any presents and get rotten potatos instead-


this is what a few kids around hear say.
aww let her believe as long as she wants. She will obviously probably figure it out by this christmas as kids will talk about it now as it comes around. I was heartbroken when some kid told me even now I wish they hadn't ruined it for me. I think she is lucky... She will figure it out herself. Plus it's really non of your business.
When I was seven my cousin told me nothing of the sort existed. I cried so much but eventually I got over it.


Personally when I decide to have children, I won't lie to them about these things but raise them to be grateful.














Well... unless my wife decides otherwise. -.-
I know I figured it all out when I was in the 2nd grade. Caught my mom and dad putting gifts under the tree! I'm a new mom so I don't know much yet...but I don't think I'll ever even mention the tooth fairy or easter bunny to my kid. Santa, maybe...he's still questionable. haha
IMO whenever they find out on their own, believing in Santa won't hurt them.





When my daughter turns 11 I rather she believe santa is real than little Johnny from 4th period is the hottest boy in school lol
I would just let her figure it out herself. And when she does have supions tell her the truth.
i have never believed in those things my parents thought it was wrong to lie to me and say that they were real.
When they figure it out themselves.
Birth.
I believed until I was 9..thats when I realized ..things like this just dont happen..thats when i confronted my parent...kids will grow out of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment