Monday, December 28, 2009

Do you think homeschooling parents of teens should be responsible for their kids social life?

Hypothetically, you're a homeschooling parent and you have a teenager, you live in a small town and there aren't really any clubs of groups in this town, nor is there anyone who is your teens age. The closest thing is a city twenty miles away. Would you feel responsible for driving your teen up there all time to have a social life? Theater, dance class, guitar lessons, mall, ect?Do you think homeschooling parents of teens should be responsible for their kids social life?
Homeschool parent or not, taking kids to classes, lessons, meets and practices is part of the job.


And definitely more so for a homeschool parent.Do you think homeschooling parents of teens should be responsible for their kids social life?
I wouldn't say all the time, but maybe once a week, sure. I'm about to start homeschooling my 5 year old, but luckily there are local groups. I would hope by the time he's a teenager he will have a good circle of friends established. Then he can be in charge of his social life, schedule get togethers and such. Also, I plan on letting him get his license as soon as he is old enough, so he'll be able to drive himself to where he needs to go. (This applies to both my boys, but only one is old enough for homeschooling right now)
I wouldn't home-school my children.





I dont feel that 2 parents can have the same knowledge as a whole school of teachers, and I think a school environment is important to kids and teens, but then im biased.
of course teens need to meet friends of their age so parents must sacrifice by taking their teen aged children by driving out of town even if it is very far , so that you are their body guards and they have time to enjoy their life without any difficulties
Let the teen do what they want. sometimes homeschooling is great if your child gets bullied at school. just try to make sure that while they should have an active social life they should choose what they do and dont do
Of course I would drive my child to town to meet up with friends. Why wouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment