Saturday, January 23, 2010

At what age should parents start to teach their children about the physical differences between boys and girls

Just wondering what is the average age when one should start teaching their kids that gorls usually have vaginas and boys usually have a penis and answering their kids questions about their bodies.At what age should parents start to teach their children about the physical differences between boys and girls
I disagree with ppl who are telling you to wait until they ask. As a child, I didn't ask my parents anything... then an older boy in the neighborhood decided to molest me. I had no idea that boys were different than me... and was about 7 yrs old at that point. I think the earlier the better.At what age should parents start to teach their children about the physical differences between boys and girls
When they start asking. Then your answers should be appropriate for their age - you don't always need to be specific.
I think at an early age it is good to identify your childs gender and sex organs with appropriate names, not peepee or who who stuff. Whent hey become curious about it let them know ie they have a brother, cousin whatever that they see and notice the difference. Be honest and open. This will lead to healthy images about their body by not putting a shame on their sex organs. But if you need an age 3 or 4. But they should know they have penis when they are talking. If kids ask we should be honest and answer them. Ps this is just my opinion
When they ask
As soon as they ask.





';... gorls usually have vaginas and boys usually have a penis... ';





I'd skip the ';usually';; too complicated to explain the exceptions when they are toddlers. I knew both of those words by the time I was 4.
Well if they have siblings they'll already be aware, so it should be whenever they start asking questions.
When they ask.
Well, we started with my daughter when she was 2 years old.......because I had her little brother. You should start teaching them when they start asking!
Soon as they start asking. Or when they say or do something inappropriate.
2
There is no specific age, but lets hope ur kids won't be interested in sex until they're OLD enough...if they find it or wonders or u notice they're surrounded with those questions or interest or curious, then u may bring up light issues and let them learn themselves. I grew up with many adults relatives and learned the morrals and values and respect by surrounding with adults relatives. And my parents never taught me or told me, i learned it myself, it is everywhere. But if u notice ur kids are in ';sex'; attitude, its time to teach them about condoms and AIDS and others to be aware of.
The earlier, the better I figure because there won't be a ';shock'; later.
start teaching them when they start asking or wandering
Always answer the questions to the point that curiosity is satisfied. Our discussions started the first time my girls watched me change a little boys diaper, or saw a little boy running naked in the sprinklers. I don't use the correct terms, just your bum, or your pee-pee, I explain that girls and boys all have equivalent parts, but girls are all tucked in nicely so it doesn't get in the way when babies are born. It worked great!
you don't wait until they ask. You start teaching them when they are preschool age about the differences in boys and girls and for the record, you don't use the word usually, why would you say usually? And for the record a girls outer private area is called a Vulva. A vagina is on the inside of the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment