Thursday, January 21, 2010

Should the responsibilities of raising a child be shared equally by both parents?

Or should one be the primary caregiver? What gender characteristics, if any, do you think are pertinent to the task of raising children?Should the responsibilities of raising a child be shared equally by both parents?
The responsibilities are equal. Only 1 parent can carry a child and breastfeed, but the other should be doing other things. Then after the age of 6 months (or much earlier if breastfeeding is not possible) either parent can do anything.





If the woman is the primary earner, why should the man not give up work to be a stay at home dad? It doesn't tend to be that way, but earning is changing, and so society is more accepting of working mums and stay at home dads. There is still a long way to go before there are equal numbers of each, but I reckon in a hundred years or so it will be nearly there.





There is a difference between primary caregiver and earner in the way discipline happens. Whoever is at home all day gets really frazzled, and shouts and changes their mind, and gives in to tantrums, and the person who comes home in the evening can be calmer and more authoritarian about it. Gender is neither here nor there, but I think that's why it seems mums are not as good at disciplining as dads. That's just my view though.Should the responsibilities of raising a child be shared equally by both parents?
The responsibilities should be shared by both parents. But remember its not just about being at home feeding the baby, bathing them etc... thats included in raising a child. Its also about working to clothe them, buy them food, and give them a home to be in. In my opinion females are usually the ones who end up actually doing the most tasks for the child like feeding (most of the time), bathing the child, dressing the child, caring for the child when they are sick. But I think thats mostly just female instincts. I know when my kids are sick and in their actual fever sick stages I take care of my kids even if my husband is right there. Not because he won't do it but because I would feel better if I did. Men from my experience are the ones who usually play rough with the kids or ball and childish stuff (like actually playing barbies, and gi-goe etc.. I know some woman do it but I always see more men than woman), discipline the kids more, and stuff like that.
well if the father is in you and the child life them both of u should take care of the children

No comments:

Post a Comment