Saturday, January 23, 2010

What age do you think is the worst to lose a parent?

I lost my mother when I was 9, which I think around that age is probably the worst. To me, it's the age where I was old enough to remember her and miss her, but young enough to not actually know her and become really close to her.What age do you think is the worst to lose a parent?
Any age is awful. Even if you're an adult and have lived a long time with your parents, you still feel unprepared for their death when they're gone. Be comforted because you do have memories of your mom. Some people lose parents before they can remember them. Some lose parents in their teenage years, when they're estranged. There's no good time to lose a parent, but we should always be grateful for whatever time we had with them.What age do you think is the worst to lose a parent?
Well to answer your question, probably ages 7 - 17. The easiest age to lose a parent is probably from the day you were born to 6. No doubt that the single easiest age is when your about 1 year old because you havent even gotten the time to know your parents that well and at that age your brain isnt fully developed, so you don't understand death. I'm 11 and no, I havent lost a parent and I dont plan to, I have lost 1 of my grandparents and all but 1 of my great grandparents.I'm no expert at this stuff, but my friend lost his dad last year (not gonna say how), but it wasn't murder or sickness or diseas or a car crash and it wasnt an accident, so that should narrow it down.So im just using that to make my answer.Sorry that happened to you at such a young age, I now that id probably die of sadness if I lost a parent, if thats even possible.


Also, sorry my answer was so long, I'm kinda low on points and have alot of questions.


Hope that helped.
I am terribly sorry for your loss; that has to be very painful - something i could not imagine. And for you, 9 years old has to be the worst time to lose your mom. You must think of her often and wonder what she'd say or do at different times in your life.





My answer: Any age is the worst time to lose a parent; I am in my 40's and I am still not ready to lose either of my parents; it is one of the 5 major stressful milestones in our lives - Each day, I am grateful that I still have my parents, but I almost lost both of them in the past two years, and when my mom was in the hospital, I got choked up; I couldn't talk because even though I say I love you ever chance I get; there are still things I have not yet said. I don't think we are ever ready, we just have to deal with it as it comes.
I lost my mom when i was around 6 from cancer. The worst thing is that i was really attached to her but I felt nothing. From time to time it hits me and I just break down. Even when my dad told me she was going to pass away, i didn't feel anything. I regret that time soo much because i didn't realize i'd never see her again. I really wish i used that time to get to know her more. I'm 15 now and would do anything to get her back
I didn't know much of my mom either, I met her a few times, and heard of her through family, had a few of her books she read. she died of cancer when I was 15. I don't really know her at all. Sometimes it helps when you can find a mother figure in your life. At least someone who's older and wiser you can go to for advise at times and do things together.
I went through the same with my dad when I was 13


I feel the same way, but in turn I think not having a parent at all is just the same. At least we are comforted with knowing that that person was there for us, unlike situations where moms and dads abandon their children or are never a part of their life.
I know it would suck if you lost a parent when you where a baby/todler...because you have nothing to look back on...like remember when but a 9 year old can...therfore will be more emotional when it comes to this topic vs a toddler losing a parent...they have no record of what they did together!!!!
I lost my mother at the age of 14...I totally understand what you mean. I think it is worse to lose a parent at a young age, because there is always the ';what if'; question, or that ';I wonder what it would be like..'; question. It can also affect their adult life and relationships.
Well i lost my dad about 2 years ago :(


I'm 15. It really hurts.





I mean it gets me sad that he's not going to be here when i get married. Or he's not going to meet his grandsons :'(





Omg i'm sad now.





I'm sorry about your mom.
It is bad to lose a parent at any age i don'tt no what itwouldd be like to lose one at the age of 9.
I lost my Dad at 18 to cancer.


That was a year ago.





Losing a parent at any age is the worst
it does not matter what age you are when you lose a parent. Just losing them is bad enough at any age.
no matter what age it's hard...
ANY AGE MY FATHER WENT TO PRISON WHEN I WAS 11


NEVER SEE THE LIGHT AGNI

No comments:

Post a Comment