Saturday, January 23, 2010

How to convince my parents to let me adopt a dog for my birthday in a month?

So my birthday is in a month and i really want a dog. I already have a dog but she is attached to my mom. I want a dog of my own. My moms says no but im not giving up. Its either a dog or no Birthday. Im gonna be a teen. (13)...help?How to convince my parents to let me adopt a dog for my birthday in a month?
Your gonna be a teeny bopper and teenagers and dogs don't mix!





Why not get something else for now and get a dog when you can be there 24/7.





What happens when you change your mind say in month or year for a cell phone? What happens with the dog then?





How to convince my parents to let me adopt a dog for my birthday in a month?
Then have no birthday. Maybe your mother is saying no because you're saying that's your ';mom's'; dog. You are a member of the pack, just like any siblings you have, parents, etc. Your mom may be a pack leader but you are just as responsible for taking care of her as anyone else. Maybe you should take an interest in the dog you already have by taking her for walks, doing obedience and grooming. Then later on you can get a dog.





If that's insufficient then talk to your parents about volunteering at a shelter after school. Then you can be around dogs that will love and adore you for being there.
Dogs belong to the family, not to just one person. They tend to gravitate around the member with the calmest, most assertive energy and whoever takes the most care of them.





By saying ';my dog'; you are creating a rift between you (and the dog) and the rest of your family, and that can result in aggression from the dog directed at family members.





If mom says no then that's the final answer - you're asking for a VERY expensive gift. Not counting the cost of the dog SOMEONE will have to buy initial supplies and vet care (about $400), pay for monthly general care fees (about $150 a month or so), and take care of any emergency bills (can shoot up to around a grand or more.)





Add to that, you will be in school a lot. Who takes care of the dog(s) when you leave? Or when you finally get a job? Want to hang out with friends? Go to college? The care of both dogs will fall on mom and family - maybe she doesn't want that.
Well Happy B-Day first of all! And I want a dog for my b-day... But my mom says I'm not responsible enough... and I agree with her. So if your not ready for the comitment dont bother. But maybe if you dont already... start to take care of the dog you have. Take over all of the resposibilities for your mom. And the dog might also like you a little more.
Hey. If you can help pay for the dog that might help. By the way there is a fifty percent chance your mom is going to surprise you with a new puppy. If she is asking you questions every now and then she probably is going to surprise you. I hope you have a FABULOUS birthday and get your wish!
Show them your ready to have the responsibilty of having a pet..





having a dog needs commitment, its like you are having another meber in your family,





show them the benefits of having a dog,..





http://dogtime.com/dog-ready
i can see why i highly doubt you are gonna be there 24/7 with the dog for 18 yrs? or wat ever the dogs life span is. you wont have time.





No bday it is .. i guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment