Saturday, January 23, 2010

Where do you fall on the political spectrum? How about your parents?

Just curious to see if there is any kind of correlation (direct or inverse).





The spectrum would be: Far-right conservative, moderate conservative, centrist, moderate liberal, far-left liberal. I realize that many people have both conservative and liberal opinions, but please pick whichever one fits the majority of your stances.Where do you fall on the political spectrum? How about your parents?
FAR left Liberal. I am pro everything.





Parents are moderate.Where do you fall on the political spectrum? How about your parents?
Father: No set pattern. He usually votes for the individual candidates he likes best. This typically is a moderate conservative vote from him. Although, this year, being fed up with local, state, and federal politicians of a particular party, he voted 100% liberal. He said he's never voted all one party before in his life.





Mother: Moderate to Farleft liberal. After Nixon, she vowed never to vote republican again, for any office. As far as I know, she has stuck to her guns on that declaration of intent. She did vote for Jesse Ventura (Reform Party) for governor in 1998... I think my whole family did.





Sister: I have no idea. She never talks politics, but I know she is always interested. When people ask her where she stands politically, she will say, ';Just vote!';





Myself: Was very liberal up util the last couple of years, as I have gotten more into actually understanding the issues that concern me the most, I have decided I am neither Republican nor Democrat. ';Very third party.'; I would still probably classify myself as a moderate liberal on most issues.
More and more I'm supporting the Libertarian wing of the Republican party. So many of the other types of Republicans have abandoned the fiscal ideals that Republicans were once known for. Check out the Republican Liberty Caucus, It's up to us to save the Republican party.
mom was a Catholic and tended to be Conservative on social issues...but she was actually what would be considered a Pat Buchanan Repub. today....Dad was a Methodist and union and voted always Dem....i tend to be liberal in social issues and Conservative in economic issues...almost a libertarian





i'm 53 yrs old and used to be a Reagan Democrat...now I fear Republicans
Well, my Dad is a far-right conservative, my Mom is a moderate liberal, and I'm a libertarian... go figure.
My parents were a moderate liberal union family. I am a political Libertarian and social liberal....Kinda don't fit in your boxes, huh.
I am far right conservative so is my father and my mother was a far left liberal. My grandparents who raised me were both far right conservatives.
I suppose that I would be considered a far-right conservative.


My parents were centrist.





Will you post your conclusions? Just curious.
Im far-right conservative, and my parents can be a mix of far-right conservative and conservative
moderate conservative.





Rest of my family are moderate liberals.
My folks used to vote Democrat no matter what. Until they joined the Jehovah's Witness cult. Then they stopped voting. I left the cult recently and voted Republican. I am a moderate conservative.
i usually like to be right in the middle that way i wont fall off, oops wrong category





put me under ';immodest conservative';. tmm





my parents were just plain selfish
For the most part, I'm a far-left liberal, and my parents are moderate liberals.
Centrist, just leaning conservative.





My parents are both far rights.
far left liberal.


My parents are both moderate liberals I would say


But are both very religious, and I am not at all
me Far-right conservative (kinda sorta, without the bible thumping)





maw and paw moderate conservative
My parents were pretty centrist. So am I. My brother lives and breathes Rush and Sean. He watches FOX all day.
I'm a Libertarian and my folks are Republicans

No comments:

Post a Comment