Saturday, January 23, 2010

How old do you have to be to get your lip pierces without parent permission?

I'm 16 turning 17 in a month, I live in Tacoma, and I really want to get a one side snake bite but my mother is super old fashinoned and against any tatoos or face piercings. I'm considering doing it my self but I would rather have a proffesional do it...any suggestions?How old do you have to be to get your lip pierces without parent permission?
do not do this yourself! Professional piercers REALLY know what they are doing and they have highly clean instruments. They know how to prevent nerve damage, they are clean, and they know proper placement. Honestly, if you do find a place that is willing to break the law to get yourself pierced, you have to wonder what other laws they are breaking in terms of preventing the spread of blood born pathogens like HIV and Hep C (my uncle died of hep C transmitted from a scummy tattoo parlor).





I have nothing against piercings, I have my favorite place where I've gotten most of my piercings and my tat. I know you don't want to hear this, but wait until you are 18. If your mother is as old fashioned as you say and you do get it, there is a good chance that she will force you to take it out and then you have a hole in your face that may scar.





When you do decide to get it done, make sure you go to a good place. My pal got her tongue done at a randomly chosen place in NY. The lady messed up the first time and she had to get it redone (thank god she didn't get nerve damage). People who feel body mod is an art form and create a professional and artistic salon, will be your best bet. Also, don't be afraid to make sure your piercing is not being done by an apprentice. My piercer has been at her establishment for years. She was VERY good and even had a trick so I wouldn't scream.





Just wait. It will be better quality. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment