Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do I tell my parents we want to move away?

Hello. I am 19 years old,and am getting married to the love of my life in May of this year. We are looking to buy a house soon, but we want to move out of the state. My parents and I are really close, and as of right now, my fiance and I only live about10 minutes away from them. We do not know how to tell them, without them freaking out on us. Please help, I need any adviceyou can offer.How do I tell my parents we want to move away?
There's nothing to do but just tell them. Take them out to dinner or something, and let them know that you plan to move away, but you'll visit often and such. You're an adult now, and they raised you to be successful and independent. They may not freak out at all! Maybe they'll be happy for you and respect your decision. You and your parents can still remain very close emotionally, without being close geographically. If they do freak out, they will get over it. It's not your problem it's theirs. It's called ';empty nest syndrome';, and parents go through it sometimes when children move away.

No comments:

Post a Comment