Thursday, January 21, 2010

What government assistance programs should I use being a single(sole) parent in Texas?

I'm trying to get my two yr old and I established. His father is considered unknown and I have not used any gov't sources to help our survival. yet, now I would like to what steps should I take and what sources are available to me? Websites would be MOST useful to me.What government assistance programs should I use being a single(sole) parent in Texas?
Department of Human Services is what you need. Here is a link to website for information:





http://www.hhsc.state.tx.us/index.shtml





At least looking at the site, you might be able to find out how to proceed before heading to the local DHS.What government assistance programs should I use being a single(sole) parent in Texas?
Unfortunately websites will not help you, local governments tend to only give you contact info for social services. Each city is different with what they offer and how to go about getting it so your best best bet is look up your city government social services department, give them a call and go from there.
just go to your local department of social services office and apply


they will tell you what you qualify for





and get a job or two even
WIC
getting a job, that seems to work for the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment