Thursday, January 21, 2010

Students who were also parents- How did you support yourself through college with a child?

I have an 8 month old son and I am going to college. I will be transferring to a University after I receive my AA and my husband and I will both be going to school. Can financial aid alone help us or will we need more than that to get by?Students who were also parents- How did you support yourself through college with a child?
It just depends..


it depends on how much of financial aid you get, and how much you'll have left over if you have any.





you deffinatly should not depend on the financial aid to support you.


I personally have 2 children and about to start school at a community college. it's deffinatly possible...





and im a single parent!





keep your mind to it!Students who were also parents- How did you support yourself through college with a child?
fill out the FAFSA - and you will get financial aid - Go sign up for WIC - helps out -
The days of quitting your jobs and living off financial aid along are long gone for all but just an elite few (most who do this can because they earned full ride scholarships).





If your normal, ie, you didn't make a perfect score on your SAT's, you will likely still have to work, and your husband will need to work, just to pay your bills. Many are very disappointed when they realize this, but I tell them this.... those who are able to NOT work, usually have nothing to begin with, no house, no car, no insurance, no cell phone, no babies, nothing. Those that do have a life, will have to work to maintain it.


Good luck. its well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment