Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why do we listen to our grandparents but argue with our parents?

It seems like people fear their grandparents and never want to make them mad. People are very polite and respectful around grandparents. But then kids don't listen to their parents and they argue and are not polite. Why?Why do we listen to our grandparents but argue with our parents?
There's something vulnerable and endearing about old people they're fragile like young children. Being mean to them is like being mean to a little puppyWhy do we listen to our grandparents but argue with our parents?
well, kids love to be rebells for some reason, they like to say white if parents say black. they say right if you say left. kids are kida but are also very smart and know that grandparents are old and that they don't have to live with them all their life, so they behave in a respectful manner with them. and they also tryto act polite around other people so that when the parents say that their children misbehave no one belives them. (ps) sorry grandparents for calling you old.
It's a good question, one that I don't have a scientific answer to , but am willing to speculate.


I think it has to do with two things, formality and respect.


Kids are completely informal with their parents but when around the elders they loose some of their inhibition.


While most kids respect their parents, that respect reached new heights with the grandparents.


I was the same way when I was a kid. It just seemed like my grandparents always had the time to sit, talk, listen and were never judgmental or selfish in their advice.


On the other hand, my Mom was always busy and I almost had to act up to get her attention. That's just my own experience though.


Now that I am a Mother, my own parents are awesome Grandparents, providing for my daughter exactly what I received from my grandparents as a child. Guess it's a generational thing :)
tat is becos our parent is arguing with their parent n we love to to make friends with enemy's enemy!!!cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment