Saturday, January 23, 2010

How can I convince my parents to give me a later bedtime?

I'm 13, and they send me to be at nine... I don't even fall asleep until 10:30, so I spend an hour and a half staring at the ceiling!How can I convince my parents to give me a later bedtime?
Well, I don't know if this applies to you, but one reason my parents always gave me an early bedtime was because I complained about waking up in the morning. Or I overslept, lol. So be responsible about getting up by yourself on time and they won't think ';Oh, I have to send her to bed early, she's too tired in the morning';.





And just try to talk to them about it. Just explain that you spend an hour and a half doing nothing, and it's hard to sleep when you aren't ready to. Maybe get on your PJs and have your teeth brushed by 9, and just ask if you can spend the next hour doing something calm, like reading or watching TV to help you get sleepy.





Hopefully this helps. But yeah, #1 thing is BE RESPONSIBLE that gets parents to understand where you are coming from.How can I convince my parents to give me a later bedtime?
To be honest, I havent had a bedtime since i was 9. Im 14 and i go to bed at 2 most nights because im on the phone. you must have over pretective parents. Im sorry
Tell them that. But unless you're waking up an hour before the time you're supposed to wake up, 9pm sounds reasonable enough to me.
9:30 bedtime here, i'm 13 my mom makes me go to bed then because i'm up to 2:00 most of the time

No comments:

Post a Comment