Thursday, January 21, 2010

What is the on thing that irritates you the most as a parent?

For me, it's people sticking their noses in my business when I am trying to discipline my children and of course it's a pain when the kids are all sick at once! What about you?What is the on thing that irritates you the most as a parent?
First of all to Daisyhill: The question she asked earlier was about spanking a child who was being disrespectful, not hitting a child. Just because you don't like spanking doesn't mean you have to be rude. Some parents choose to spank, others don't. Both are fine.





Ok to answer your question, there was one incident I remember in particular. My son and I went grocery shopping and he had been so good that I decided to allow him to pick out a little goody at the check out lane. I told him, ';Since you've been good, pick yourself out a treat';. We don't do this often but since he had been very good I decided to allow it this time. One lady in line told me I was not looking out for his health by allowing him to pick out some gummy bears! Geez! You get griped at for disciplining in public, I get griped at for being nice to my son, *smiling*. I told the woman that a treat every now and then does no harm and that what *does* do harm is other people telling my how to parent my son. She got the idea. :)What is the on thing that irritates you the most as a parent?
Parents that don't discipline or guide their children-like the ones you see at the grocery store and their kids are running around, knocking things over, getting in the way of other shoppers. All the while, mommy or daddy are oblivious to what's going on because they're on their cell phone. Or the parents at the playground that seem to think that the other parents that are actually supervising their own children are there to also supervise their children. Then, the unsupervised children either treat my child or another child terribly or end up getting themselves or another child hurt. If this happens, I just take my daughter and leave. She doesn't like being around stupid people anymore than I do.
I hate parents not being supportive of eachother parenting is so competitive these days, fellow parents judge eachother too easily and quickly and assume they know best and everyone else is wrong, that REALLY pisses me off.





I hate it when parents claim their kids are little angels and never need to be disciplined-yeah right, and what planet are you living on?





I hate it when parents (mainly mothers) lie about the development of their children making them out to have walked talked and been potty trained by 3 months old-yes and driving their own cars and running their own business by 1yr?





I hate the judgement, the rudeness the condesending comments when you-shock horror- ask for advice! because asking for advice means you are completley incapable of course!





haha better stop this is turning in to a rant!





P.s I also hate it when pro smacking parents look down their nose at me because I don't smack my kids, like it's the only form or discipline or something, I chose a different parenting method that works for me and my kids and I wish people could get over it, if people want to smack their kids then so be it! but don't force it down other peoples throats because they don't slap! I don't tell people what to do with their kids so all bets are off when someone tells me what to do with mine.
When ppl try to tell you how to raise your kids! Especially the ppl that who don't even have kids! And when ppl look at you funny in public for disciplining your 2yr old kid for standing up in the shopping cart! I'm sorry but, I would rather her cry from a spanking than cry from getting stitches in her head or a broken bone! People need to but the hell out of other ppls business and mind their own! If they did, maybe they wouldn't have so many problems of their own instead of worrying about what someone is doing!
It really bothers me when people tell me that I'm doing such and such wrong with my kids. It's very annoying and irritating. We all can make mistakes (and sometimes the person who is telling my I'm doing something wrong is correct, and I did make a mistake), and other times it's just a misunderstanding between me and whoever is telling ME how to raise MY kids. LOL. Anyway, you get the point. :)





~kate
people calling me a sl*t because i had my kids young. I had my first baby at 16 then twins at 17 and a half and now im pregnant again at 19.


also i have to raise my two younger sisters (14 and 7) because my parents passed away. i hate the fact that people jude me without knowing me!


i love all of my kids and my sisters more than anything else in the world.
I hate it when people tell me that I wasted my life careing for a child that isn't biological mine that I'm too young to be a mother excuse me I'm 22 year old married women and my friend needed me so her (now mine) daughter didn't go into foster care and when she died I adopted her. don't judge what you don't know is what I always tell them.
He has *autism* - Is he *retarded* - Is he *stupid* - You should teach your son to speak when he is spoken to.





No actually the son you're referring to is Hearing Impaired, Not stupid, not autistic, not retard, just hearing impaired.





That really makes my blood boil.
Militant Child-Free-By-Choicers who insist on calling parents ';breeders';. They make this Buddhist pacifist want to punch them in their smug faces.
people who dont disapline their children then try to blame their childrens behaviour on other influences like tv or video games or other kids
I think you posted about this already today....if I saw a woman hitting her child in the public restrooms I would be very disturbed too.
I'm not a mommy... yet I'm in college but what would piss me of is when people say how you should raise your children- that would really bother me.
When other people try to push me into having my daughter do something or not do something.
that i'm too young to be a mother, and that i'm even younger to be pregnant again.
Whining!
People been interferring and sticking their big beaks in my life
When my six year old says ';I'm bored'; all day long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment