Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do I tell my parents my 15 year old brother was doing pot?

I came to visit my family for my 21st birthday and I saw my brother doing pot in the garage. He begged me not to tell, but I can't just go along letting him kill off his brain cells. I want to tell my parents, but I'm not sure what to say. What if they don't believe me? Help?How do I tell my parents my 15 year old brother was doing pot?
I have a little brother and if and when I caught him partaking in an activity that can damages his health or future. I spoke to him and let him know that I can not keep a secret like this from our mother and I was going talk with my mother about what he was doing. He understood him and I are still close and my mother was allowed to seek help for him. By you not telling your parents you are helping him pick up and addiction. Sometimes, one addiction can lead to another addition like smoking or worse a stronger high than marijuana. Please tell your parents before that happens.How do I tell my parents my 15 year old brother was doing pot?
Id let them know you need to sit down and talk to them about something serious. Just tell them but let them know its important and that you are telling them because you care about your brother. Why wouldnt they believe you? Good luck
do what you think is best...he'll get caught anyway!! be very plain and just be out with it
Say ';mommy daddy ,my 15 year old brother is doing pot!';
well first off happy b-day and second tell them what you say. Just tell them.





you brother might hate you for awhile. Though he will understand in time.
Well, not to say I condone it, but it's possible he was trying it once.





Popular belief, and what everyone is often told, is that once a kid tries pot, he or she will continue doing it until forced not to.





But actually, most of the people I know will try it for a month or two, and stop. Also, one highly disputed fact is whether it's evne addicting -- many people will tell you it is, however, as someone that knows a lot of ';expiriment-prone'; teenagers, I can honestly say I've never known anyone addicted to pot.





Instead of talking to your parents immediately, I'd recommend you talk to your brother yourself, at first -- see how that works out.





';Look, ___, I know you tried pot, and I know you don't want me to say anything. And to be honest man, I can't promise that. But, I wanna know a couple of things -- before you say anything, I won't tell mom and dad any of the sh!t you tell me right now, if I do tell them what you did. From this point forward, confidential.'; %26lt;%26lt;-- Start with something like that. Find out why he did it, how long he's been doing it, what he thinks of it, what his friends think of it, where he's getting it, how long he plans to use it, whether he thinks it's affecting him, etc. You may find that he's got a better head on his shoulders than perceived.





No guarantees, but there's a chance you'll be satisfied with the answer. If you think he might be fine, don't push it, just bring it up every now and then, and keep an eye on it. If you get the feeling he's lying, or he says he doesn't plan to stop, then tell your parents.





If it does come to that, I think the best way to handle it, is to be a little subtle, but get the point across. Ask something like, ';By the way Dad, _____'s getting a little older. Have you talked to him yet about drugs, and drinking??'; Depending on the answer, you might say something like, ';Well, I just think you should mention it to him. The other day, I saw something, it looked like he was smoking, maybe pot, I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm concerned about him.';





If you're 21, and he's 15, unless for some reason they don't trust you, they'll believe you. There isn't much benefit you'd ever get from telling your parents that, if it weren't true -- and plus, when they think about it, unless they don't pay any attention, they'll realize there were probably signs.





Good luck =]
doing pot?





what was he doing to the pot?
I can understant that he begged you not to tell but he is killing himself, i dont like to say it like that, but he is. You just need to go up to one of them...whichever you feel most comfortable talking to.....and ask them if you can talk to them in private, that it is important. tell them first that he begged you not to tell and to please not tell him that you told then tell them. i dont think that you parents would actually tell him that you went and told because they would be so glad that youo told. (Trust me, when he os older he will thank you for telling) i wish you best luck and you can contact me if you wish.
If this is remotely true, then just come right out and tell them. Your brother is doing something moronic. Idiots use drugs. Your parents need to know so that they can stop him.
Just sit your parents down and tell them. ';Mom, Dad, I saw _______ smoking in the garage. I think it was marijuana.'; It's better to tell them than let him get addicted to it and ruin his life...

No comments:

Post a Comment