Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why is it so funny to watch a parent being parented?

For some strange, unexplainable reason my dad has spent a fair bit of the weekend here with me and my grandparents. I've spent a fair bit giggling at my dad's expense. My grandmother has often lectured him. In fact it sounds like she's doing it again. Why is it so funny? Parents, do you get parented still?Why is it so funny to watch a parent being parented?
It is funny because you see your dad as this macho Army guy who is in control and who tells you what to do. And it goes against what is expected when this little old lady tells a big burly macho man what to do...like he is a 5 year old boy getting in trouble by his mommy. And it is very funny to see this big burly macho man be brought down to size by his mommy.





Oh...and do you know what is even worse???? I'll tell you. When I was 19, I was a foreign exchanges student and lived in Europe and my mom was perfectly fine with me taking overnight trains throughout Europe during a time when terrorist attacks were common or going to nightclubs by myself. And she was perfectly fine with that. I was so naive at times.





And yet...here I am 25 years later and she tries to tell me that I shouldn't drive 30 minutes away because it might snow. Arrrrgggghhh! She worried less about my safety when I was in a foreign country, dumb and stupid (at 19) than when I am smart and responsible (at 44). After having my drivers license for 28 years and living here almost my entire life, I think I know how to drive.





It is a universal truth. Parents will always be parents.Why is it so funny to watch a parent being parented?
i guess its amusing to watch the people who parent you get parented. when you look at mom and dad you think of role leaders, heads of the household, the boss. so when you are back in touch with the reality that they too have parents who are the boss to them...its funny. their parents tought them how to parent you. so perhaps you may see a few similarities or think hey....hes said that to me before.
It's because they have controll over their kids they can boss us around lecture us and they dont like it when they get lectured usually because they dont normally get lectured.


It goes in this order your grandparents can boss your parents because they are the parents of your mum and dad (this is getting confusing)


And your parents can boss you.
Because you think your parent knows everything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes i do by my dad infront of my 8 1/2 yr old daughter and she laughs!
LOLOL cause its ironic
because it is ironic
Yes but our parents don't realize we made it in spite of their bad parenting

No comments:

Post a Comment