Friday, January 15, 2010

How can i convince my parents to let me get snake bites?

im 13. i know it sounds really young. but i really want snake bites. my parents say no not till im 18. but thats 5 years! i dont want to wait that long. i have fake ones. but i want real ones. my family is christian, buti dont really care for that stuff. please. how can i get them to let me get snake bites?How can i convince my parents to let me get snake bites?
One option: Sneak behind their backs and get a friend to find some shady piercer who'll do it without your parents' permission (I believe since you're a minor, you need a legal guardian's approval to get pierced, but I could be wrong). Then, sit and wait on the couch until they get home and see you looking all silly with your snake bites. They'll likely scream at you, ground you and make you remove them. You'll probably yell at them that you hate them, then retreat to your bedroom to mope.





A different option: Try to be rational with them. Ask them, in a non-protesting manner, what their exact reasons are for not letting you get pierced (and really listen to their answer). Then, tell them you're willing to compromise; if they let you get pierced you'll do something in return (behave for a year, do the dishes and clean without complaining, you get the idea). Tell them you just want to try out the piercings, and if you don't like them, you can decide to just take them out.





Yet another option: Don't do it and wait until you're 18, just like your parents wanted. You'll realize a) you don't want them anymore and that you're glad you didn't get pierced at 13 because you'll have weird-looking healed up holes around your mouth, or b) you still want them, and waiting another five years to look cool and pierced wasn't all that bad.





Honestly, you probably don't want to hear this, but take it from someone who was once in your shoes. Wait on it until you're 18 and see if you still want them. Piercings do require maintenance and care so that the holes don't get infected; I've had friends with some pretty nasty belly button piercings because they got them when they were in high school just to look hot (now they feel like the piercing was a ';****'; stamp) and didn't take care of it.





I've had some ideas for tattoos that I thought were SO FRIGGIN' COOL at the time, but decided to wait until I had the money, and by the time I could afford it I thought the designs I wanted before were so lame (some examples: a fairy, Dashboard Confessional's band logo, Botticelli's ';Venus'; painting...).





As for your family's Christianity, I don't know what to tell you about that. It's a free country, so you're free to be atheist, agnostic, Buddhist, Jewish, Wiccan, whatever (Seriously though, I encourage you to check out some other ones, I'm glad I did; I used to be Catholic.)How can i convince my parents to let me get snake bites?
Exact same situation. :) Creepy.


Uh, basically, write down all the reasons they say you can't and then answer them (with respect, don't show attitude or it'll just fail miserably) with things that koodo theirs.


Show them how mature you are by doing extra chores when you aren't asked, or something like that.


But don't push it or they'll just get pissed and you'll be out of luck.


Let them know you respect their judgement, and you have to understand why they're saying no.


If they still say no, you've gotta obey and respect that.





Good luck, :) JESUS LOVES YOU :D
idk(x


but dont tell them all your friendss havee themm.


causee thenn theree gonna say somee lamee shyt.
dont!


that is so trashy!
  • makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment