Friday, January 15, 2010

How do I tell my parents I want to go to church?

My family has stopped going to church. And I got talking with a friend the other day, and he made me realize that really I would like to go to church, but my family won't understand. They usually criticize religious people. My dad is big into science and so he believes 100% in evolution. My sister is agnostic and refuses to go to church. I can drive, but I can't sneak out every Sunday and even if I could I don't know where to go or when. Any help?How do I tell my parents I want to go to church?
I'm an atheist myself, but I think you should be allowed to go if you want to. You'll just have to tell your parents. You are old enough to drive, so you should be allowed to follow the religion of your choice. I would allow my teen daughter to go to church if she wished.





I understand that your parents don't agree with religion but give them a chance. As far as where to go, that's up to you.How do I tell my parents I want to go to church?
It's not their choice as to whether you go to church or not. And you shouldn't have to sneak around to express what you believe in. Just say that you are going to church from now on and it's their problem if they don't like it. You can drive so therefore if they don't want to go you can go alone or with your friend.
Tell them like you told us, yes. Be respectful and mature. Don't be all, I'm going and if you don't like it, too bad. Be an adult and they are more likely to let you attend church in peace. Tell them this is what you want and you want them to respect your choice. If you feel that they are trashing what you want and believe, respectfully tell them that, too. Explain to them that they are hurting you and you want to follow your beliefs in peace. Tell them that in this situation, maybe religion should not be a topic they discuss with you.
that's what it was like for me when I decided I wanted to go to church. just tell them straight out that you're going to church. when they ask why you want to, tell them you'd like to learn more, are making no commitments, and if you don't like it you won't go back anymore.





as to where to go, definatrly try different churches. some have younger congregations, and some are old fashioned with a lot of older people. this friend you were talking to, does he go to a church? if so you should go with him. if not or if you don't want to, try starting with a baptist church, they usually have younger people, depending on where you are anyway. definately try both catholic and protestant churches. I personally am protestant, but different churches are for different people.
Be straight forward with them and tell them this is what you are going to do.


if they don't agree, tough.


They should be proud that they brought up a child that is confident enough to speak with them on issues.





I don't go to church, nor even have a religion. But I would never stand in the way of any child of mine who thought differently.
Just tell them you want to go :)





And above all, make sure you are saved. You need to know RIGHT NOW that you will be in heaven when you die. The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus loves you so very much! :D





Salvation is a FREE GIFT that happens in a split second when you believe in Jesus alone to save you! It is impossible to lose or ';leave'; salvation (John 6:39-40, 1 John 5:13).





The truth about Jesus is that the only way to be saved and to get into heaven and avoid being sent to eternal hell, is by believing in faith alone that Jesus, who is God, died for our sins on the cross as FULL PAYMENT for all our sins, and then Jesus rose from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). Believe this and you will be in heaven, no matter what!





Please pray now: ';Jesus, please forgive me of my sins. I believe that You died on the cross for my sins and You rose from the dead. Thank You for eternal life!'; You will be in heaven with Him forever when you die. :)
Your scenario sounds more like an opposite of what normally happens (christians parents forcing child to go to church)


Anyway, if your question is genuine and your parents are reasonable people just tell them, I don't think they'll object.
just go why should they stop u, if u can drive ur adult enough to choose what u believe, ***** ur family,( i dont mean that in a rude way, more like ***** what they think of religions, its ur life)
Just tell them what you just told us.





i agree with girlfriend above. Just go. If they let you go out to parties and hang with friends if you want. They'll let you go to church by yourself if you want.
Mom i am stupid and i believe in god. So can you respect my stupidity and go to church so i can praise my imaginary man?
First I recommend paying attention more to science class





Second, flat out tell them that you want to go to college. The worst they can possibly do is not love you anymore.
just go, your parents shouldn't influence your beliefs
Just tell them that you really want to go.
as youre walking out the door just say ';see ya later'; and close the door and leave. If asked where youre going just say the truth. Church. You know in some jewish families when a person receives Jesus the family disownes them... treats them like theyre not there... but thats ok. If a muslim receives Jesus he might be killed... go to church receive Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior and walk with God. Your eternal destination depends on it so dont let anyone or anything keep you from God. Jesus came to the earth to show us how the Father God really is... good kind ready to pardon willing to forgive not willing that any should perish... God love mankind. You know Christianity is a miracle you instantly get the life and nature of god but your mind and your body are your enemy... they are not changed but you have to learn to make your mind conform to the Word of God and your body too... it is a war it is a battle so you need a good church. WHERE TO GO: find a Rhema church, go to kenneth hagin minisrties and click the area that will show you churches in your area ... if its not on the site then call them ... their trained ministers are all over the earth and they teach the Bible not man made religious doctrines of lies...here is how you begin to know God, you say ';I say with my mouth Jesus is Lord and I believe God raised Him from the dead therefore I am saved... right now , the life and nature of God are in me, I am a new creation I am no longer a sinner but I am of God I have His life His love nature in me, God loves me all the time, He is not the condemner, He is for me who can be against me. God is on my side I will not fear what can man do to me...'; just to be saved you just confess jesus as lord and savior and that you believe God raised jesus from the dead... the rest is a good daily confession to retrain your mind to the truth. God is calling you to Himself. get in a good church asap... I'll pray for you every time you come to my thoughts. i just prayed for you now.
Why would you want to go to church? Are you delusional in your thinking? Do you have a reason to believe god is real?

No comments:

Post a Comment