Friday, January 15, 2010

How do you convince your parents to let you travel to a foreign country without them(for a mission trip)?

I want to go to brazil next summer on a mission trip with my church. My parents know the people going the missionaries down there personally and money really isn't an issue. I'd be seventeen. My dads cool with it but my moms not. How do I convince her without pissing her off? Her reasoning is I'm too young, it's too far, and I couldn't handle it. I know this is what I'm supposed to do without a doubt. Thanks.How do you convince your parents to let you travel to a foreign country without them(for a mission trip)?
I wouldnt let you go, if you were my daughter either. If you're over the age 18, you can do what you want.How do you convince your parents to let you travel to a foreign country without them(for a mission trip)?
I've thought about it a lot,


read it often. I wrote a book about the Book of Mormon,


partly just because I wanted my own conviction,


my testimony, to be in print, even if only for my children's sake.


I dismiss out of hand the early criticism that somehow this was a book that Joseph Smith wrote.





The only thing more miraculous than an angel providing him with those plates and him translating them by divine inspiration would be that he sat down and wrote it with a ballpoint pen and a spiral notebook.
Depends on which country.





I let my daughter go to Canada when she was 16, but I wouldn't let her go to Nicaragua this year (due to state department warnings about traveling there).





I really didn't want her to go to Canada, either, but she and my husband convinced me she was mature enough.
I did not allow my daughter to go on a mission trip to South America, until she was a senior.





Your mother has every reason to be concerned. My daughter is blonde and green eyed. She was followed, and stared at by so many people.


They would even come up and stroke her hair. She was freaked out!





It is very dangerous; it doesn't matter who you go with.





One year is not too long, and it will make a great difference in your Mom's attitude!
well she has her reason and im sure theyre valid to her.. just try to explain to her what an experience of a lifetime it would be... your best bet would be to have your dad ';lean'; on her a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment