Friday, January 15, 2010

What would u tell your parents about putting Performance parts in your car?

I just got a 95 gt mustang and i wanna put a mac cold air intake and headers and new exhaust ect. i could go on and on. My problem is my mom wants to know why, she says i dont need all that stuff cause all its going to get me is a speeding ticket.


I dont know what to tell her theres no dragstrips near me. And the reason I want it is just to race, but she cant know that.What would u tell your parents about putting Performance parts in your car?
Just do it, its your money. My mom keeps asking why i buy all these parts for my car(96 gt) and i just say well this broke so i had to order a new one and blah blah blah. Either that or she always catches my buying parts when i sneak them in. Just be careful cause modding is like a disease...it doesn't stop. I first bought mufflers and o/r h-pipe then cai, then longtube headers,o/r x pipe and different muffles, and now i just bought a new rear end with 4.10 gears, lowering springs, and soild upper and lower control arms along with what ever else i find a good deal on. What would u tell your parents about putting Performance parts in your car?
ok, so your mom was just born yesterday, dont be a .....


Tell her the truth, if your living at home she will call the ball. Find a legal place to go and race, where its safe , you might have to drive 2 hrs to get there but if you tell her you will only race there, supervised, she will probably let go. And youll get to build you babe of a car and drive it so sweat down the road, and race, on race day.
hi there,





you can tell your mom that you will be saving gas by install in the cold air system. as for the header i do not know here you can go for that one. i work in the field of after market parts so i know what it is like to have to talk to some one about letting you install part on your car. i have to do it with my wife all of the time.
I have never understood, why anybody would waste their money on cars. I mean I understand if you do races on a professional or amateur basis and have the potential to actually earn money with that, but why would you through away your money like that, it's not like a car gains value or so (like a house).





I think you should tell your mother the truth. Sooner or later, she'll know what you're doing (either through the tickets, or because you wasted your health and/or life through some improperly conducted street races). Why cause her that grief?
a speeding ticket.. waiting to happen... i had a 67 motor was bulit to the max i got like 4 miles per gallon four speed would kick it side ways in forth and it would get it in the quarter but it wouldnt out run the law and is how i lost my drivers license... sure was a nice ride thro
my dad is all for it he is a power nut. my dad aways gets asked why does he need that part for his jeep. my dad has a hard time putting stuff on his jeep but when i say something about my truck my mom says what ever its your money. not that easy for my dad lol
You could tell her it will give your car better gas mileage haha.


Other than that I would just tell her its your money and you want to do what you want with it.





Unless mommy paid for everything, then I would just be happy I got a free car.
Truthfully, i dont tell my parents that im putting performance parts i my car. but in your case, just make up a place that is a dragstrip and tell her you go there. 8 out 10 times they believe it

No comments:

Post a Comment