Friday, January 15, 2010

What should I write in a thank-you note to my boyfriends parents?

We've been dating for about a year. They got me a few small (very thoughtful) gifts and took my boyfriend and I out to dinner for our birthdays.What should I write in a thank-you note to my boyfriends parents?
Something simple and sweet, along the lines of:





Dear Mr. and Mrs. So and So,


I wanted to thank you for the ________ you bought me for my birthday. It was a really thoughtful present and apprieciate the effort you put into picking it out. Thank you for also taking me and _______ out for dinner. I had a lovely time.





Sincerely,


You.





Obviously fill in some more details and change it around so that it fits your situation. If you are closer to them, you can probably address it to them with their first names.What should I write in a thank-you note to my boyfriends parents?
Depends on how close you are to them.





If you are close to them then be lenghthy in your note, otherwise, short and sweet is best.





Regardless of a long or a short note, be sincere in your writing. Older people can read right through what you write and be able to tell if you are sincere. Tell them you enjoyed the date (I assume you did) and that you appreciate all they have done for you so far ( and list them out if you want to.)





I hope this help a little. Best wishes.
hahaha you can start with THANK YOU! then think about WHY you are thanking them... what did they do to deserve a thank you card? Thank you cards do not have to be long... example....





Dear Mr and Mrs so and so,





Thank you so much for the birthday gift! The shirt you guys got me was so thoughtful. I was so happy that you all could make it out for my brithday dinner, I hope you had a great time! It was wonderful seeing both of you and my entire family just thinks the world of you! Thank you again for the gift, I hope our families can go out to dinner again sometime soon.





-----name





See that was easy as pie... just suck up, sound sincere... and WA-LA! you are done!
Thank for the gifts they are very thoughtful


Dinner was great!


again


thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment