Friday, January 15, 2010

How should I tell my parents that I am pregnant?

I am 15, and I have taken four pregnancy test. All coming out positive. My dad is very strict and talks to me about birth control all the time. My mom has me on birth control but my dad doesn't know about it. They are divorced. How would I tell them. Also, don't say I'm way to young to be hving a child because I know I am and I agree that I am and to be honest, I don't want to be pregnant. The birth control obviously didn't work. So how should I tell them?How should I tell my parents that I am pregnant?
you just have to tell them. tell which ever one you are closer with first and have them help you tell the other one.How should I tell my parents that I am pregnant?
im guessing you live with your mom since your parents are divorced. i would tell her first. just sit her down and explain to her that you were taking the pill like you were supposed to and it failed. shes probably going to get a little upset, but dont take it to heart, after all she is your mom. and once she calms down im sure the two of you can tell your dad together. it may not be easy to talk to your parents about this but its the right thing to do. i wish you the best of luck.
All in all, you have two choices, and variations on these. 1. You keep the child, or 2. You get an abortion. If you choose the first you'll have to tell them, if you choose the second, there are many clinics that will allow you to go anonymously and without a parent or guide. Do what feels best for yourself! I would tell your mom first, though, because she's less strict, and might be able to reason with your dad.
i am 19 and i got prego when i was 17 yrs old i was terrified of my mother and i had no idea how to tell her your parents are gunna be parents so when you do tell them they are going to be upset but the sooner you tell them the sooner you can get things going with your pregnancy so just try to talk to them i know its going to be had but thats how life is good luck to you
You are too young but at least you are owning up to what is done. Your best bet right now is to decide what you want to do...and you have 3 options not 2! 1. is keeping it 2. is abortion and 3. is adoption...either way you should tell you parents. They will be upset and disappointed at first but eventually they will get over it. You really should decide first decide what you are going to do then let your parents know, it would be best to tell them after youve made up your mind.. best of luck you hun...
Ask them for the 3 of you to have dinner together because you miss them.


When everyone's about done eating, Just tell them


Say I know I was on birth control, but it's not 100 % effective as you probably already know, and I'm living proof of that. I'm pregnant.
First you should tell the one your closest too. Some parents have different reactions. Just sit one of them down first and tell them you have something very important to tell them.Once you tell the first one, the first parent can help you tell the other. You really really have to let them though. I wish you the best of luck.
tell them the truth thats all, you kinda put your self in this situation so your gonna have to get your self out
The sooner the better!
If abortion is an option for you . . . .


If you go to a Planned Parenthood clinic that has a low-income program it can be as cheap as 100$. If you tells them you have no job, no money and no support they will likely have you pay the minimum for the procedure and get donations to cover the rest. 1-800-230-PLAN (1-800-230-7526) to find the Planned Parenthood clinic nearest you. If you are underage it will mostly likely be free.





You have the choice between the pill (which can be taken up to 11weeks, at home or at a friends house) or the vacuum method (in clinic procedure). Personally I used the pill method so I could be at home with my husband but some women want to have the surgical, so it's done and over with when they leave the clinic.





You will be financially screened - usually this goes on the honor system, weight/height taken, blood pressure checked, pricked -fingertip- to check for rH factor and anemia, you will receive an ultrasound or sonogram to determine gestational age. You may be asked if you want to view the image, this is up to you. You will receive antibiotics, anti-nausea tabs and pain meds. Take them ALL. You must finish at the very least your course of antibiotics. Follow all aftercare instructions and go back to your after care appt. This last step is vital, you must go back for your aftercare appt! Abortion begins a new menstrual cycle. You should have a regular period in 4 to 8 weeks.you should have the option of receiving birth control - again this will most likely be free, take it and use it correctly.





If you are underage you may want to check this site out to see about parental consent laws and whatnot. http://www.sexetc.org/state *Even if it says you need parental consent, you don't. Call PP and tell them you cannot tell your parents; by law, a judicial bypass must be available to those minors who just cannot get their parents/guardians permission. A judge signs the parental consent acting as a de facto guardian.





Some state medicaid program do pay for it, use this link and figure out if your state covers it. If they do, you can go to ';welfare'; office and get emergency coverage and the state and taxes will help pay for it. http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/book/c鈥?/a>





It is entirely possible to have an abortion and not feel guilt because you knew it was the right thing to do.


ImNotSorry.net





If you have any more questions or want/need to talk about it drop me an email.





~Pro-Choice Momma; Have had an abortion %26lt;no regrets%26gt; and I have a 11 month old daughter %26lt;no regrets%26gt;. I believe in protecting my daughter's choice.





Abortion: There is a Consensus


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsSQiazUv鈥?/a>











Ps - An abortion can be completely confidential if you need it to be.








Teen Pregnancy Outcomes


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_pre鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment