Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How to convince my parents to let me play M games?

I just got a X box (not the 360) and I'm trying to convinnce my parents to let me play M games. But as soon as my mother hears It's M, she says no and walks away. Please help me or i'll be stuck with Star Wars games till i move out.How to convince my parents to let me play M games?
Well dude that just sucks. Unfortunately there ain't much you can do. You can reason with them in some cases. For example.....Gears is much more blood and gore than say COD4. The COD games have very little blood. Also show her that some games, you can turn off the violence so that there is no blood or gore. Also show her that some mature games are educational and have amazing story-lines such as Assassin's Creed which educates you on the Crusades. Also reason with her that in some games like Halo 3, you're killing aliens, not people. She may be under the impression that all mature games involve ruthless killing of people like the GTA games or Manhunt or all those others awful games.How to convince my parents to let me play M games?
Way back when, i was in a class that let us play games on fridays. the trick we used to get them to let us play Star Wars Battlefront is that the guns were lasers and its completely impossible to recreate the events in the game.





Calmly ask your parents the reasons they think your not ready and try to convince them your mature and realize the events in the games are fictional. Their stance is probably they think your going to go on a killing spree because Sam Fisher can do it
Look, just prove that you are mature enough to handle a silly video game.


They let you watch movies. Television. Read books. Go out with friends. All of those are potentially worse then a rated M game. Just show them that you are a smart kid and can handle it.








Cody- Also, the whole ';Aliens aren't people thing'; helped me to convince my parents back in the day. It's a good point.


Also, if you have a parent that enjoys science-fiction, or history, play upon that. My dad was fine with me playing Halo after I told him the basic story. Hell, he even read the books after that.
Maybe you could make it have no blood in the options. Or just lower the graphics





But not all video games have that so...





Or you could lie and say it was rated T or something





BUT LIEING IS BAD!





up to you
Unfortunately, you live under their roof, you live under their rules.
tell them strate up. If u dont think im not mature enof for this game then screw you im out of here
lol

No comments:

Post a Comment