Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How to tell my parents i think i am depressed?

I get sad all the time and cry more and more each day. Somtimes I dont even no why I am sad or crying. But i cant take it. I cant take how sad I get each day. My parents have seen me crying lately and to be honest they've had enough of it. They are fed up with it. I also have this biology teacher that whenever she is around me I get sad and feel like crying. I just dont know what to do.How to tell my parents i think i am depressed?
try talking to school counselor ... they are in an impartial party whose job it is to help you ... they can help talk to your parents about your needs ...





I hope you feel better!How to tell my parents i think i am depressed?
It's hard for people to understand how you feel if they have never felt depressed or have depression. I understand. No one can help you change the way you feel except yourself and the actions you take. First, Depression is serious and very common. Seek help from your doctor, therapist and others in the same situation who understand. I found its useless to talk to family, friend or other who just dont understand or tell me to just cheer up, think positive. I know you cant just get over it sometimes and its a struggle day to day. Read as much as you can on different medications, therapies, alternative treatments etc. Figure out what works for you and what makes it worse. Keep a journal, listen to music, anything that makes YOU feel better. Dont try to please everyone around you. Be who you are, open up, be honest and do the best you can.
If you think you can't talk to your parents, is there someone else in the family that you could talk to? Grandparent, aunt, uncle etc. If not, then make an appointment with the school councillor or a doctor and talk to them about it.


By seeing that there is something wrong you have taken one of the hard steps, and you can work to getting out of it. Often it can be out of your control, could be hormone or chemical imbalance that sets it off, and you have no power to stop that.


You can get help, and can get back to feeling happier.
Either write this as a note or say it


______________________________________鈥?br>

Mum, Dad im really not quite sure how to say this but, ive been incresingly more overwhelmed the past few days, i think i may be deppressed, i would really appriciate it if i could see i phscitirst,


______________________________________鈥?br>




Good luck man,





Its really good that u want to help yourself


ive got friends that used 2 cut themselves, and never told their parents and left it all on their friends to help, which quite frankly was annoying cause she got so moody and hard to talk to but it was all worth it in the end, also if you dont have any/many friends its even worse.





Love to talk to ya u can email me on: daveyface@gmail.com


____________________________________


(P.s im 12- and my mum died of cancer 4 months ago)


- just incase u feel more trusting.





hope u reply
If you're in school, you will have counselors available to you to talk to them about how you feel. Also, counselors should also offer to have your parents come in and help you tell them. I promise that will help.





This might help your parents understand what you're going through:


http://www.findingdulcinea.com/guides/He鈥?/a>





It's a guide to online resources concerning depression, so it covers just about every quality resource out there about depression, finding support, and getting healthy again.





Best of luck
why have your parents not asked you why you are crying?





have they not even tried to talk to you about it? it sounds like you have a fairly good relationship with your bio teacher, i would strongly advise you to talk to him/her and try to get some help.
Maybe it's time to look into some medical help,like a school nurse who can maybe make a strong suggestion to your parents of your needs. It could only be a vitamin deficiency.
Mom,Dad I am depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment