Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How to convince your parents to get a piercing?

Ok I'm 13 turning 14 in march and I'm a Boy and my mom says she doesn't want any piercings...is there a way i can get her to change her mind?How to convince your parents to get a piercing?
I was 14 when I got my first piercing and it took months for me to convince my mom. I did what was said above I bartered with her and reminded her that its not permanent like getting a tattoo.And that if I got it I would let her help me pick out which jewelry she thought was suitable for me. My advice is make a list of why you want it and why you think its not bad and that you'll work with her and just a little extra advice do not get mad and throw fits cause that's just showing her your not mature enough for a piercing.How to convince your parents to get a piercing?
Lol, not usually, my aunt won't even tell my cousins that I have tattoos and piercings because she's afraid it'll give them ideas. Her son is almost 17 and when I asked if he had asked her for one yet she vehemently said ';Not my Children!!'; When I asked her if that was parental denial, she answered maybe. :)





I would say don't push the issue, if they say no they say no, asking over and over will just piss them off.
my mom finally just recently changed her mind, you have to let them know that its not as crazy as it sounds, she said hell no forever until i let her know that its not even that noticeable and i can wear small jewelry in it, after I got my eyebrow pierced she was like, ';oh that's not as bad as I thought it would be';
I guess it depends on what piercing you want. See if you can ' barter ' with her. You will WILL, do the laundry for a month, or you WILL get straight A's for a semester, something like that. Show her you are responsible enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment