Tuesday, May 11, 2010

HELP! I am having my parents over for dinner tonight and I don't know what to cook?

To make things more difficult I have a freezer full of just ground beef...not only that my dad is allergic to dairy and wheat...ugh. My last resort is hamburgers, any other suggestions. I do have a couple of fresh green peppers from the garden I would like to use but not enough for stuffed peppers.HELP! I am having my parents over for dinner tonight and I don't know what to cook?
What bout Sloppy Joes?





1 pound ground beef


1 1/2 cups finely shredded cabbage


1 medium onion, chopped


1 celery rib, chopped


1/4 cup chopped green pepper


1 cup ketchup


3 tablespoons brown sugar


2 tablespoons lemon juice


1 tablespoon white vinegar


1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce


1 tablespoon prepared mustard


1 teaspoon salt


Dash pepper


8 sandwich rolls, split





In a large skillet, cook the beef, cabbage, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender; drain. stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll.


Serves 8.





^^^^^





Or maybe you can make beef enchiladas too? but without the cheese, I guess... Or some kind of meatballs?HELP! I am having my parents over for dinner tonight and I don't know what to cook?
Asian Ground Beef and Pepper Saute





* 1 cup dry jasmine rice


* 2 cups water


* 1 pound lean ground beef


* 1 tablespoon olive oil


* 1 red bell pepper, chopped


* 1 green bell pepper, chopped


* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley


* 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced


* 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root


* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper


* 1/4 teaspoon salt


* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper


* 1/4 cup beef stock


* 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce


* 1 teaspoon chile paste


* 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce





DIRECTIONS





1. In a medium saucepan, bring the rice and water to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.


2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the ground beef until evenly browned. Drain, and set aside.


3. Heat the olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Stir in the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, parsley, garlic and ginger. Season with red pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until tender.


4. Return the beef to the skillet. Mix in the beef stock, soy sauce, chile paste, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir until thickened and heated through. Serve over the cooked rice.
I think you should make meatballs with some sort of yummy sauce that doesn't have dairy in it (since your dad's allergic) - maybe a tomato sauce or sweet and sour sauce. You could chop up the fresh green peppers and put them in the sauce, or you could serve slices of raw green pepper on the side. And you could have the meatballs and sauce over rice.
Well Hamburger steaks with green peppers and onions with gravy,,mashed potatoes and veggies. Spaghetti(make it an italian night) What about meatloaf? Good luck I hope it helps.
Chili with a green salad or atop pasta


Meatloaf, mashed sweet potatoes and spinach


Goulash

No comments:

Post a Comment