Thursday, May 13, 2010

If I sign a lease for an apartment for my boyfriend will my parents find out?

My friend is 18 years old and her boyfriend is getting an apartment. He doesn't have a job so he needs her to sign the lease forms for him. She lives at home, and if her parents found out they would be very upset. If she signs this lease, will there be a change in her insurance or will her parents be notified at all? Thanks!If I sign a lease for an apartment for my boyfriend will my parents find out?
Katherine, Home insurance is actually very flexible. I'm not familiar with all the details of my policy, but my homeowners insurance agent is always helpful. Try contacting your agent or a agent in your area. http://www.usinsuranceadvisor.com/Home-Insurance.html They will be able to help you.If I sign a lease for an apartment for my boyfriend will my parents find out?
If she signs the lease for him, she's agreeing to pay the rent if he can't. Does she earn enough money to do that?





For that matter, does she have a good enough credit rating for the landlord to agree to rent an apartment to her? Most 18-year-olds don't.





Not to mention that, unless the landlord lives very far away, he's eventually going to figure out that there's a slacker boy living in his apartment instead of the hard-working girl he thought he was renting to. At that point, he'd be fully justified in kicking the boy out *and* making the girl uphold the financial end of the lease *she* signed.





All in all, it's a really bad idea. Most illegal schemes are. I hope your friend reconsiders.



no but it will reflect poorly on her credit if the boyfriend defaults. It would be very stupid of her to do this. She is 18 so she can do what she wants but if you have to hide it from her parents then you have to think it isn't very wise to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment