Thursday, May 13, 2010

How to get my parents to let me live with my grandma?

I am unhappy where I live, and I want to go back home where I lived last year. I lived there for 14 years.





My grandma has offered to let me stay with her.How to get my parents to let me live with my grandma?
If you are very serious and have a valid reason to want to leave your parents house (abuse of some kind) your grandma must be willing to help you. Are your parents willing to give your grandma ';Legal Custody';?


Are they willing to do this or are they wanting you to stay with them?


Under certain circumstances, the courts will appoint a lawyer for you. This Lawyer would represent you and what is in your best interest.


I am not a lawyer and have no legal background but I am a grandma who is trying to help my grandson in this same situation. You should know that it can be a long and expensive struggle. You must have a very good reason for your request and it will be much easier if your parents are willing.How to get my parents to let me live with my grandma?
Write out a list of reasons why it would be better if you lived with your grandma. Things such as..., better neighborhood, better friends, more things to do, better school, etc.





Sit down with your mom or dad (whoever you have the best relationship with) and calmly express your feelings to them remembering to deep in mind their feelings too. They love you and want you with them, so try to be kind and don't make them feel rejected.





I'm sure your parents love you and want whats best for you, so if living with your grandma would be healthier and better for you, it will be easier to talk them into it. But be prepared, they may not want to let you go. If not I'm sure you all can work things out so that you can be happier right where you are. Joining new clubs or sports at school, new hobbies,or even a job. No matter what, you will be fine. Just keep a good attitude and be grateful for the good things.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment