Monday, May 10, 2010

When is it typical to lose one's parents? What age are you typically, when your parents die?

My father died when I was 45, my mother, when I was 50. How does this compare statistically, to Americans? In other words, did I have my parents for longer than most people?When is it typical to lose one's parents? What age are you typically, when your parents die?
My dad died last summer when I was 51. My mother is still living.When is it typical to lose one's parents? What age are you typically, when your parents die?
Its the luck of the draw, there is no average of what is the typical or normal age for one to lose thier parents, or for anyone to die for that matter. My dad passed when I was 46, moms going now probably 2010. My grandmother died when she was 55, her mom died when she was 82, her son, my dads moms brother died in his 40s. Its the luck of the draw for us all.


One tribe of indians in South America, drink rum they make themselves, and smoke from an early age on, and ALL live to thier 90s on average, its such a small tribe, and so remote, that their tribe does have an average.


Only people who belong to a small group or cluster, will have averages. The indians numbers are just thier own tribe, and besides death by accident, disease, or murder, they dont drive, are not working in an industrial setting, have barely any contact with the outside world, they have thier own stats, make sence?
There is no ';typical'; age. My father passed when I was in my 30s my mother went when I was in my 40s. My aunts and uncles (cousins parents) are still alive and we are mostly in our 50s and 60s.
I think God allows you to have your parents as long as you need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment