Monday, May 10, 2010

How can I convince my parents to let me have a piercing?

I'm 13 and I really want my nose pierced but my parents said I have to wait until I'm 18! My parents are no push-overs, how can I convince them?How can I convince my parents to let me have a piercing?
Try to negotiate with them somehow, make them feel that not only you will benefit from getting your nose pierced, but them too.


Maybe try to get 5 A's in your school report and save up money to get your nose pierced so they won't have to pay for it and offer to do the laundry, wash the dishes and tidy your room everyday.


If not, at least try to negotiate the age you can get it. My friend got her lip pierced when she was 16, so maybe try to ask if you can get your nose pierced when you're 16.


If your parents still say no, then say that you understand and wait until then :)How can I convince my parents to let me have a piercing?
You probably can't. It's completely up to your parents. Pestering them about it will only make it worse.





Just wait until you're old enough to get it done yourself.
MY OPINION: You are too young to get them. By the way, I saw many teenagers that looked cute if they didn't have a piercing in their nose or their mouth. If one day you want to take it off, when you are probably old, you will have a hole in it which will take almost a year to let it grow back. It can cause an infection that will make you look even more uglier. Doesn't mean that if everyone is doing it, that you have to do it. If they say: ';OMG, why didn't you pierce your nose? You look like a weirdo, it's the COOL stuff or thing that people are using. If You want, do it. But i'm just sayin', you will feel bad in the future. Many boys/girls will not like you!! Trust me. Girl/Boy you don't know what it feels like when they pierce it, I didn't pierce mine. It must hurt like heck, more than the piercing in your ear. I hope I helped you, just my opinion.
Try to show your parents how mature you are by accepting their decision that you need to wait until you are 18. If they won't give you permission, then don't think you can talk them into it at the piercing parlour, since they would have to sign the consent form in the presence of the piercing technician.
you should wait because you're changing daily, and yearly. Possibly in a few years you may not want a nose piercing, or that scar that may linger if you get it done now. So really think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment