Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do you convince parents to get a pet?

I want a cat so bad but they won't listen to me!!!How do you convince parents to get a pet?
well firstly try to convince your parents that you will look after it, that they won't have any problems with pet. if that doesn't work do what i did. i brought an adorable little kitten home and shown it to mom, made her feed him (kitten) ant said that it has nowhere to go. that melt mom's heart and now i have a pet :)How do you convince parents to get a pet?
A pet like a cat can be a good therapy tool. Which means you can become more productive and happy. So your parents should like that.
convince them you are capable of raising a cat by yourself. your parents may think you cant do it and you would most likely rely on them to do the work but they probably wont have time to raise your cat as work will get in the way. also u gotta consider the costs of raising an animal including vaccinations (more than $70 each time and you have to go three times), worming, desexing, house training etc. i all takes alot of hard work and by the sounds of your question, you sound like a young child wanting a pet like most children without considering everything before you get one.
You have to be willing to do the work. Cats are very sweet, but tend to pee on things. Your parents may know that!
responsibility and alot of whining.
You have to show your parents that you'll be fully responsible for the cat, maybe you can make a deal with them, let them know if you aren't resposible they can send the cat away.
It took me a LONG time to convince my parents to get me cats. We came up with the idea of them living in a 8 by 12 foot club house. But i dont think many parents would be willing to spend that kind of money. But its worth it!
Unfortunately as long as you live in your parents home, there's not much you can do to change their minds.





I love cats and always have, I grew up in a home where we always had a cat.





We have four cats right now, my kids would love to have a puppy...BUT as long as they live with us that's not going to happen.


It's not that I don't like dogs, it's because when I was 5 years old I was attacked by one and I'll never have a dog in my house.





Once they are out on their own they can have as many dogs as they want and that's probably going to be the case with you.


When you're out on your own you can have a cat, but as long as you live with your parents you're going to have to abide by their wishes.
First, why cant you get a pet? If its responsibility, then ask what you have to do to earn their trust with a pet. If all fails, try to foster animals. That's what I do and its great!





Also, work with your parents, get every detail on why you can't get cat. Cats are semi-easy. You have to clean their litter box, clean up throw-up, and give them love and affection. Trust me, I know, I have 3 cats.





If all does work, i would recommend an older cat from a humane society, kittens may be cute, but the are extremely hard to work with.





Oh, also spayed or neuter your cat so it does pee on things.
Well, I know it's not easy. Cats are really good pets yet they can cost a lot. Try to convince your mother by maybe showing her a cute kitten, telling her some good things about owning a cat, learn a little about a cat breed. Once the mother is convinced the father should give in. You also should try to prove to your parents that you are responsible. I hope you get a cat!
I have the same problem. Basically prove to them you are responsible. Keep your grades up, keep your room clean, stay out of trouble, offer to do extra chores, be nice to your siblings, and research the animal like crazy. After a few months of this, try putting together a power point presentation ending with a plea to get a cat. Maybe you could even put together a ';legal'; contract promising you will continue this behavior if your parents allow you to get a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment