Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How many kids grew up or are growing up with an alcoholic parent?

And I mean alcoholic to the point where there is some type of abuse going on, either verbal, physical or any other type.How many kids grew up or are growing up with an alcoholic parent?
I did. He even picked fights with the mattress.


And i grew up fine, don't drink and don't look for ways of blaming him for my mistakes.


What i mean is, he can be an alcoholic, but the one choosing your future is you, so never ever pity yourself. On the contrary, use his example as a motivation to see how bad vices are and how easily one can destroy a family if one does not have self control.





There's not a lot you can do being a minor, but focusing on making the best of what has been given to you and learning from the mistakes he makes. An alcoholic will never get better unless he realizes by his owns eyes of what he is doing.How many kids grew up or are growing up with an alcoholic parent?
My mother has been an alcoholic since I was too young to even remember how old I was. My father allowed this to go on and it's still going on but I have recently cut ties with them because I do not need the problems they are causeing. I have kids and do not want them to grow up around that like I did. I do not even buy medication that has alcohol in it. My mother screwed my life up so bad that I have struggled with an wating dosorder since I was 11. So yeah it was bad but it only gets better when you walk away.
You say alcoholic to the point of abuse but that is not required for alcoholics. My Dad drank everyday but never physically and rarely verbally abused me or my mom.





He held the same job and everyone liked him- he was a nice guy. Never in trouble with the law. But it eventually caused resentment from my Mother and the two divorced.





I grew up to be an alcoholic but did not handle it as well as my Dad. I was abusive to myself but not to my wife- although I still hurt my family very much.
when i was little ';i was sittin with my mom and then comes my dad and he pushed the chair over tha we were sittin in and he spilled beer all over us';
me

No comments:

Post a Comment