Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How old do you have to be in Colorado to divorce your parents?

I'm 13 years old my dad has mentaly and physicaly abused me but he is very clever and doesnt leave evidense. My mom drinks alot and comes home drunk and i dont eat hardly at all. My bestfriend's mom wants to help me divorce my parents. By the way my parents are divorced and i have a younger sibiling who lives with my dad but she is perfectly fine i am not. I need help please help me!How old do you have to be in Colorado to divorce your parents?
There are a couple of ways you can but it all requires parent permission. One is to get emancipated which is you are able to live on your own but your parents would need to sign the form and you would probably have to be at least 14-16 so you can get a job. This is way out there but i did read that you could get married underage but you would also have to have your parents sign something. The only other way would be when you dad hits you and leaves a mark where it isn't visible take a picture. You can go to the police but you are going to have to have evidence to support so it wont look like your making it up. you cant go to the police with no evidence b/c you will have to go back to your parents home im guessing they would be mad about what you did so the abuse might get worse so make it so you cant go back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment