Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Why are so many parents giving up on raising their children?

What happened to teaching not having sex before marriage? That doing drugs is wrong? That drinking, smoking (ect) will not be tolerated and there WILL be consequences.





I see so many other parents that are trying to ';keep up with the Jones' '; and both work and have latch-key kids; who end up having their teachers/friends fill the emptiness of where a parent should be. WHY????





Why have so many given up??????!??!





Is it that they take their parenting advice from tv shows that allow promote disgusting behaviors in children and teens? Or is it that they care more about their own selfwish want to be the ';friend'; to their kid instead of being the rightful place of the parent?Why are so many parents giving up on raising their children?
Well parents have run out of options because the goverment says that spanking kids is child abuse. Now most parents live in fear of there children. Stop super nanny and nanny 911 just spank your kidsWhy are so many parents giving up on raising their children?
I think it is a little bit of both.


the mothers are working these days and it makes it hard to balance.I for one am not one who can balance work and home......so i ....stay home.But not all mothers can do that.


I totally agree with you though.I know tons of mothers who are affraid to spank or punish in any way.They want to be their child's friend because they are affraid their child will hate them...its guilt from working alot i think.


I've seen mothers ground their children for a week then turn around the very next day and let them run loose.Simply because having their child stuck in the house and driving them crazy is too much for them to handle.
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that both parents now have to work to make ends meet. No one is there to show kids the way, and houses, cars and tech gadgets are getting bigger and more expensive. Everyone thinks they have to have the latest thing, but 15 years ago we had none of that and we were all just fine. People are more attached to electronics than their family and that is sad. How many families even eat dinner together anymore?? it is so frustrating.





They need to get rid of the cell phones, video games, computers, and tv for a while and get to know their kids again. And take them to church for a good foundation. Most have good youth programs and will help keep kids on the right track even when the parents cant be around as often as they would like to be.
I wish I knew! I think that part of it is that somehow society has told us that since women have a choice, no one has to be responsible for the kids. Somewhere, feminism went wrong. When feminism told women that they had the choice to stay home, it forgot about the kids. Too many woman go to work and not enough dads stay home in their place.


It's also because the parents of this generation came from the ';ME'; generation. They don't even care about their kids needs before their own.
very good question all my life i have been taught this and will teach it to my kids as well but i think it's just so easy with the technology these days u can make fake ids and get fags anywere
I haven't given up and never wiil. I am their parent first, friend second
idk i guess be a good, mean parent if u have to
My parents taught me that way not to do drugs or have sex before marriage. I have never done drugs, smoked or have even been drunk before. But I did have sex before marriage and I feel like I am reaping it now I have 2 babies and I love them to death I just wish I had waited for marriage because it did not turn out the way I thought that my life would I am basically on my own he supports his kids but I am basically raising them alone.





I am going to have the same standards that my parents had for me. But alot of times like myself they do what they want to do. I think it is important to have a bond with your kids. You should be there parent and friend. I found it hard to talk to my parents and if they had allowed me to come to them freely I wouldnt be in this situation. My parents where to strict and strong in some areas so it was hard to talk to them but I think that if they had tried to be my friend and not be strict with dating I wouldnt be a single mother. I would be able to go to them and get advice and I would of been sneaking behind them.
It's not ALL parents! I sure as heck know you haven't been in all the homes in the world or even half for that matter! Don't juge what you don't know. 75% of the kids that do that crap there parents have tried don't just assume that they haven't! My mother is one of those mothers that would give her life up for her children and yes 2 out of 3 of her kids have done some bad things but I am PROUD TO SAY I am 14 years 9 months and 3 days old and A virgin, Never Done Drugs, Never Drank,Never Ran Away! don't assume crap!
Because the government took over raising the children. Don't blame it on working mother's. I worked outside the home and my daughter turned out just fine. But I also did not turn over the raisingof my child to the government. I HAD to work outside the home in order to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table, and clothes on our backs. I would however NEVER tell my daughter not to have sex before marriage because there is NO guarantee that she would WANT to ever get married. And I don't think that just because one is not married they shouldn't have sex or children for that matter. They SHOULD be old enough to take responsiblity for ALL of the consequences but marriage isn't always necessary. Besides just because you SEE what you think you are seeing if you don't know all of the parent's on the planet then you have no clue what goes on in THEIR homes or how their lives are so you really can't say that they are just trying to keep up with the jone's...maybe those people that you KNOW personally are but that type of a blanket statement only gives you less credence since you couldn't possibly KNOW the lives of everyone on this planet and there fore makes you appear to have sub intelligence.
Not everyone is worried about ';no sex before marriage';. I'm not married... And I have a kid... I'm not going to enforce any of that bullshit on my son. I simply want him to be safe and responsible. Does responsibility mean no sex until your married? What if you never get married? Are you telling me you would NEVER have sex?





As for the drugs... It doesn't matter how much you threaten they will try it if they want to. Most teenagers don't think beyond their actions, so why would they care about consequences that haven't come to be yet?





I never said that ALL kids do drugs or even want to. I said ';They will try it IF they want to.'; If you're going to comment on my answer at least be accurate. And just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean there's something wrong with the person I am.
some people just don't care and think that the kids are nothing to them an that they are a waste of speace. well this is what i have to say to thoses parents. why have sex if you don't want kids i mean everything you do has an effect on something or someone.
I for one, am a teen mom who was given birth to by a teen mom. My mom had the parents you are talking about. My grandparents wouldn't talk to my mom,aunt, and uncles about sex. My mom asked my grandmother what a penis was when she was 13 and got slapped across the face for it. My mom wasn't taught about birth control but about no sex until marriage. My grandmother never worked a day in her life. My mom smokes, has smoked pot and has drank. She got pregnant with me when she was 17. Now, let me say how my mom raised me. I was taught that sex makes babies. I was not told to wait until I was married to have sex, but to wait until I was truly in love. I did that. I was allowed to drink with my parents on special occasions once I turned 16. I got caught smoking so I was forced to eat a cigarette. My mom didn't go to work until my brother and I were both in school full-time. I got pregnant at 17. I was also living with my fiance at 17 for a good reason; school. I listened to my mom in that aspect. I waited until I was in love. I was on birth control which she said I must use because I didn't want to have a child that soon. My birth control failed. The way I see it, every parent has a different parenting style. There isn't a parenting style that works for every parent on the face of the earth.
  • ink refills
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment