Thursday, May 13, 2010

How can convince my parents to let me get my lip pierced?

I'm 14 years old(in 8 days I'm 15)and I really want a lipring,but everytime I tell my parents their like 'ugh piercings are for dumb people' My sister was 15 to when she had her eyebrow pierced so why cant I? How can I convince my parents that piercings arent for 'dumb' people.How can convince my parents to let me get my lip pierced?
You can always get your lip pierced when you are an adult. Tell your parents why you want to do this, but if they say 'no', then all you can do is wait. While you are thinking of what to say to them, give us 5 reasons that piercing your lip will make your life better? Now honestly think of the other side of the equation. It may be harder to get a job (assuming you will try to get a summer job) if you have piercings.How can convince my parents to let me get my lip pierced?
Just do it!! They should let you flourish and be yourself!
http://www.wikihow.com/Talk-Your-Parents-into-Letting-You-Have-Multiple-Piercings





this might help. good luck! [:
Hello.


i am in the same situation also.


[except my sister hasnt had any piercings other than her ears]





you can make a deal with your parents thats what i have been trying to do.


if they dont let you, just get it done.


thats what im doing. :)
Me 2 i am in the same situation. I really want to get my belly button, ear cartilages, nose and maybe my lip pierced but my parents are not too good with the idea of having piercings.


My mum doesnt want me to get any piercings apart from my ear cartilage but my dad who i dont live with says i can have whatever i would like. He doesnt mind as long as its done safely (it will be done safely coz i am going to a piercing shop.)





I asked my mum about the things i wanted to get and if i could have them, she unfortunatly said no to me. She said i could only have my ear done.


I asked her lots of times for different piercings and in the end she has aggreed to letting me have my belly button and my ear cartilages but now i am in mid session of getting a yes to have my nose pierced. I want to get my lip pierced when i am 15 or 16 because i dont want it right now as i am only 14 yrs old and still at school, plus its an obvious piercing to get and the teachers would not be too happy!





Lol the other week i heard my younger sister saying to my mum. ';You know she will get the piercings she wants, and you will let her.'; And my mum said ';I know, i will end up giving in.'; So thats nearly in the bag.





After all its my body if i dont want them anymore they can be taken out and i am paying for them anyway!,


Another thing people say is ';your parents know whats best for you and know that you wont want piercings when you grow up and you might regret it - but in later life we have to be our own person and move out and do what we want anyway! so whats the big deal? I want the piercings so bad and i am nearly there and i will have them because its up to me if i want piercings. Nobody else is in my body and its what i want so i just have to keep asking once in a while to get them done. thanx 4 a great question! I have learnt alot because i am trying to do the same as you which is get the piercings.
I'm not really sure why they say they are for ';dumb'; people. Are they calling your sister dumb? Use her as an example since she was allowed to get a piercing at 15. Maybe think of some good points to use in your argument( like you're too young to get a job yet and you want to get this out of your system before you have to start looking ';professional';...even if its a load of crap it may work). Otherwise, you may have to wait until you're 18. Most piercing places won't pierce if you are under 18 and don't have a parents consent.
I personally feel that people who have unusual piercings are trying to attract attention to themselves which is a natural thing for teenagers to do. Unless you have perfectly shaped lips, I would not even consider having this done, but as to convincing parents, I would personally never consent to having any of my children pierce their lips because people do make judgments about those who go slightly outside of the bounds of accepted actions.
Just wait until you are 18 to do so. May seem like forever, but your tastes may even change by then. If you still want one at 18, then go for it!
You probably can't. Parents don't really get the whole piercing thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment