Thursday, May 13, 2010

What made you decide to take your life back from abusive, incompetent parents?

I know quite a few adults in their late 20's or early 30's who start to see their parents as humans rather than a role model/authority figure. Many realize that their parents psychologically and emotionally abused them and are still doing it.


Maybe your parents discouraged your aspirations and now you live with low self-esteem, an unsatisfying career; your actions based on fear and self-doubt. If this has happened to you, please describe what made you decide ';enough!' and what gave you the strength to take your power back?What made you decide to take your life back from abusive, incompetent parents?
I think you hit the nail on the head yourself.


One day you realize they are a person,, another human being. Not just a role model/ authority figure.


I eventually ';grew'; up,, for some that takes longer then others with thoes parents lording over you. But they are just people not Gods %26amp; they dont ';own'; me. I begin to learn alot about my parents own childhood %26amp; abuses %26amp; after being so mad at them for so long I pitied them ';both';. One for the abuse the other for allowing it. And that was enough for me,, that was the end of the abuse loop snipped clean %26amp; dead.


My son knows his grandparents %26amp; I am civil to them. He will never be allowed to be unsupervised with them %26amp; any advise they give me on raising kids is kicked out with the trash. I have no self-doubt when I look at my son's eyes %26amp; smile, when I hear him laugh %26amp; giggle. I have all the strength in the world %26amp; I will give it to him to be a strong young healthy boy to live his life the way he would choose. I used to dream of having a Mommy that would. Now I am his. That is my strength.What made you decide to take your life back from abusive, incompetent parents?
I Started ';getting the power back'; when I was 15 I am 23 now and we get along great. My strength came from a desire to get out of my parents house. My mom was kind of a control freak and it drove me crazy. I had all the time in the world ( because she grounded me all the time) to think about stuff. I finally started using logical psychological games against my parents to get what I wanted out of them. It worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment