Monday, May 10, 2010

How do I get my parents to approve?

So I've been talking to this guy and he is super sweet towards me. He can be a complete *** to others though. He hangs out with my cousin who isn't the best influence so my parents automatically thing this guys is bad. How do I make them realize that he isn't like that all the time and that we really care for each other?How do I get my parents to approve?
Well, to start it out, you gotta get to know him completely


not just what he decides to show you. things can change once your in a relationship.


your parents also have to understand that if you like someone they should tell you to go for it, and not hold you back


if they want you to be successful in life they gotta let you be free and experience things on your own and let you make your own decisions





they probably will be a bit insecure about it because they want to protect you, and don't want nobody or nothing to hurt you. but they have to let you make your decisions and be on your own.How do I get my parents to approve?
No problemo. tell me how that goes.

Report Abuse



As a parent, when my daughter was attracted to a male that I didn't know, the first thing I did was inquire of other parents if they knew this young man and what his reputation was. I did my research before I made a decision on whether my daughter could continue to see this young man. If I found out that he liked to hang around other young people of questionable character I would usually caution my daughter about being careful around him, that if you hang around bad people then you are considered bad also, even though you might not be. This young man that you spoke of seems to have an attitude problem with other people, but may be playing you; being nice to you until he gets whatever he wants, whether it is sex or something else. I am sure your parents have done their research and are concerned because he evidently has a bad reputation. They are not being difficult just to be mean, but because they have found out more about him than you know. Maybe you should check this young man's reputation out for yourself before you make a commitment If one person says someone is bad, it's questionable, but if three or four people say he's bad, there may be some truth to it and you should pay attention.
Tell your parents to trust your judgement. You being their own child should know what right or wrong. And if they think your lying, then apparently they haven't taught you a right guy from a wrong guy,
Maybe you your cousin and his friend should have a talk with the parents so they can see for themselves what a great guy he is :D
explain to your parents why this guy is impotant too you and let them know taht he is not a jerk just has a bit of a temper with others
Talk to your parents, and maybe let them meet him.
Talk to your parents about how he acts around you and maybe have them meet each other

No comments:

Post a Comment