Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do i tell my parents i wan to join the military?

Ok i am 19 and engaged and my fiance is pregnant with our first child. And well i want to join the army and serve. But my parents will be livid with me and upset, and i don't want to upset them but i have like this urning to serve. My fiancee dose not want me to either and when i told her she started crying and i don't understand that. This is all i have ever wanted to do. Advice?How do i tell my parents i wan to join the military?
I would start the conversation with all the benefits. It you join the Army reserves(my friends in it) you go to school while you are enlisted, They pay for it all. And you get paid more for having a child and also if you decide to marry. Your family will received free insurance. All you would have to do is commit a few weekends every couple of months to them. If you contact a recruiter they can help you start the conversation. Just make sure you do what is right for you. You only live once!How do i tell my parents i wan to join the military?
If you really want to join you should explain to your fiancee why you want to join. she probably started to cry because joining the army is a serious thing, especially since she is pregnant and if you join, you won't be able to always be there for her. but also explain to your parents why you want to join. my brother was in the army and im so proud of him. if you do join, stay safe and best of luck. :)


hope this helped.
Just come out and tell them. Maybe ask them to dinner, or just sit down to talk to them .You are 19, it is perfectly your choice. They are your parents and I am sure they will love you either way!
This is classic. Good ole Homefront series type stuff. Good for you, Jodi. Do it.
you are 19....just tell them!! It's your fiance that you need to convince.

No comments:

Post a Comment