Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How to tell my parents I potentially have bipolar?

I am very sure I have this disorder now. My parents don't know yet. But they know I have ADD and they may excuse this as my ADD acting up. How do I convence them?How to tell my parents I potentially have bipolar?
if you had bipolar your parents would notice before you did.


if you're very concerned then go see a doctor.


your parents shouldn't need convincing.How to tell my parents I potentially have bipolar?
Have you been diagnosed with this disorder? It is very often misdiagnosed and dismissed as ADHD, which you've already confirmed you have.





If you haven't been diagnosed, perhaps you could address your concerns with a doctor or psychiatrist first, just to be sure.





If you have been diagnosed, you could have your parents come in with you to the doctor's so that they can help explain to your parents what Bipolar disorder is and how it can be managed. Maybe this will help them take it more seriously.





Hope this helped.
I don't think you have the necessary requirements to make that diagnosis for sure. It's not like are telling them you got knocked up or got arrested. You think you may have a genuine illness. There is nothing wrong with telling your parents I'm sure they will be supportive and see that you get the approiate help you need.
Just sit them down and talk to them. If you are already diagnosed with ADD, they should understand how important it is to pay attention when you need to talk about your feelings. Do they have any idea you are feeling this way? They are your parents, they should want you to be happy and healthy. If you are having trouble getting through to them, try talking to a school counselor, or another trusted adult.
This is a very serious disorder!! Do NOT diagnose yourself! Go to a doctor and if you indeed have it they will tell your parents for you.
That's weird if you're bipolar it should be really obvious... just tell them. Sit down with them, look them in the eye, and tell them.
You have to be diagnosed.
  • ink refills
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment