Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do I break the news that I am pregnant to my parents?

I am about to be 28 years old and have been with my boyfriend for almost 5 years now, but we aren't married. I am not sure my parents would be exactly excited. We already struggle financially and I know that would be their biggest concern. How should I break the news?How do I break the news that I am pregnant to my parents?
I think you should tell them that you are pregnant and you both are very excited. They want their daughter to be happy. If they react worried about you being financially able address that when it happens, they could be just as excited for you both!





Also, maybe if you sit down and look at your finances and are able to give the multiple ways that you guys are going to make this work they will be relieved to know that you are making this a priority and have thought about this in a mature way.How do I break the news that I am pregnant to my parents?
I think that you and your boyfriend should look for a source of income that will help you through the pregnancy, delivery and the first year of the baby to say the least since this will be a major concern on your part. Talk to your boyfriend on how you will deal with the situation. I guess you guys are already mature enough to deal with this situation on your own. After you guys talk about your plans as a couple and as parents then the two of you can face your parents and his and tell them. I suggest that you guys do it in a public place. Show your parents that you guys are mature enough to handle things on your own and you're just sharing the good news with them and informing them of your plans so they don't have to worry. After all, having a baby is a huge responsibility of yours and your partner and not your parents. It's time to motivate yourself to be very responsible.
Don't listen to the idiots of the world. If you waited until you were ';financially ready'; to have a child, you never would. The species would end. I have never, ever heard of a savings fund created for the soul purpose of ';having a baby in the future';. You may save towards the future, but you will never save enough to have a child.





Take it one step at a time, and don't be afraid to go into charity shops, because a lot of clothing is never worn, tags still on, and cheap as anything, and you could get it.


Get larger items from friends, if their baby has grown out of moses baskets, cots etc and they are not going to use it again, offer to buy or take it off their hands for a little money. You will manage.





Your parents may worry slightly, but will probably be thrilled, after all, it was their parent's generation that would say ';just stick another tattie in the pot'; when their 12th child was born.





It is a modern concept that you must be rich to have children, they do not need gap, next, mammas and pappas, bugaboo frogs and such as like.


Poundstretcher, Peacocks, Ethel Austins, Argos, Charity Shops, Ikea do a cot for 拢20.00 - all these places were made for mums on a budget. Plus, if someone in the family says I want to buy some things for the baby is this ok? Tear their hand off!


Congratulations on your wonderful news.
I was in a similar situation. I had just quit my job to return to school for my masters. We were not yet married although we were planning to get married before finding out. He is our ';bread winner'; although, it's not much so financially speaking we weren't really ready yet. I think many couples aren't ready, but find a way to make it work. I think it is too simple for someone to say ';you have to be financially stable'; before having a baby. In my case, it was not a planned pregnancy-but a very wonderful surprise. We are adults and knew the consequences of our actions, but that didn't stop us and for the record I wouldn't change a thing about how it has all happened!





Now, as for how to tell your parents. I was at the dog park with my mom and our dogs. I knew it was a nice day, neutral ground, and I was so happy I didn't think it would go poorly. I simply asked my mom how she felt about being a ';real grammy'; (she hates that term, so that is what I call her when talking about my dog-to him she is his grammy.) She could feel my excitement and was very happy. Her main concern was that we were not married and what I would do about school. I told her that I was happy about the pregnancy and so was my boyfriend (now husband).





I sugguest you approach it when you think the time and situation (setting, surrounding) are right. Let your excitement show, if you paren't are only concerned about how you'll make it financially then I'm guessing they'll still be rather supportive. Life happens, and you can't stop it or worry about what others say. They may be shocked at first, but I would be willing to bet after the first few months they'll be very excited!





Good luck!
honestly, you should have thought about your financial situation before getting pregnant. Even if it was an accident just say to your parents that your really wanted a child and you think the right time is now, and that you are working on your financial situation. Whatever you say DO NOT let them know it was an accident, because it would just make them disappointed and probably unhappy about you.
I know exactally where your coming from!


Im 22 in a month and have been with my boyfriend for 5 years and we struggle financially day to day which stresses out my parents alot.


We have one son who is now 18months old and Im 6months pregnant again.


With my first son I didnt even tell them, they just kinda found out on their own.


I want to tell them this time so my only ideas are too either


a) try the A%26amp;W thing and tell them


or


b) get my son a little sweatshirt that says BIG BROTHER on it and let them notice it and then tell them.





Good luck
Wait until u get an ultrasound if u haven't done it yet. Then show them the picture,but do it over dinner.In a public restaurant so no one can make a scene. Buy them a gift that says something about being a grand parents. Get them a Mylar balloon that says congratulations. Then get a card that says your gonna be grand parents. Other than that find a settle way, but u have to do it the best way u see fit. Besides u are grown woman. U can get some help from welfare as soon as the baby comes. Medicaid will foot the bills for the hospital and medicines and medical needs for u and the child.
Ummmm. You're an adult. Are you scared they're going to ground you? They probably won't be happy about you not being married. But they probably will be very happy to have a grandbaby!





So here's how: ';Mom, Dad. I'm pregnant.';
just tell them bring your boyfriend with you. i think that at first they'll be worried and mad but than they'll be over joyed about it!
just tell them. they might not approve but theyll get over it and be excited!
  • ink refills
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment