Thursday, May 13, 2010

Can I take my parents to court and make them give custody to my friends dad?

Okay, I currently live with my dad but I don't really want to. He used to beat me physically but now he just beats me verbally. I don't want to live with my mom because she is always working. My best friends dad said that he would let me live with himself and my friend. I'll be 17 in May of next year. Is there anything I can do?Can I take my parents to court and make them give custody to my friends dad?
yes, you can you can take your parents to court and to ask your friends parents to legally adopt you, my firend did this becuase she was tired of her dad and her best friends family legally adpoted her in. It is possible, you just need to show your case in court and hsow how he has a history with physical abuse and now verbal, the judges will usually go for that]Can I take my parents to court and make them give custody to my friends dad?
hey Samantha G. i was wondering if you ever did take your parents to court and if it worked? i really hate living here and there are many reasons why! so, i was wondering if i could get some advise? please!

Report Abuse



your mom can file for custody, but no you cannot ask the court to give you away to a stranger with no rights or responsibilities to you. you need to try to go back with mom. but rebellion and trying to make the courts give you to a pals family is a very wrong attitude. it will get you in a lot of trouble and i would highly reccommend you check yourself before you wreck yourself.
Yes, there's plenty you can do. Call up the youth crisis or just plain crisis line nearest you and explain the situation just as you have here. Ask what procedures are required to ensure that all relevant parties are properly notified. Your friend's father sounds like a nice guy but he needs to be fully aware of what his legal obligations will be toward you and so do all of you, in fact. It's not quite as simple as it sounds. The crisis people deal with this sort of thing all the time so they'll be able to help you find someone to represent you - probably a social worker from Child Services or the equivalent. Social worker once appointed will investigate and advise.





Good luck.
If your father is abusing you you should file a police report. Of course, what you see as being ';verrbally beaten'; a court may see as you getting yelled at when you mess up.





At 17 you can go to court and ask to be legally emancipated. To do so, though, you'll need to prove that you're finacially able to support yourself. (Not that a friends Dad is willing to support you)





Easier way is just to ask your parents for permission.





Richard


';The older my kids get, the smarter my father was';
Talk to a social worker or school counsoler and go to the state and get emancipated. You can make it so that you are your own legal guardian. I have a friend who is seventeen and legally their own guardian. You just have to show a judge due cause and show that you can be self sufficiant.

No comments:

Post a Comment