Thursday, May 13, 2010

What do you think of parents who throw their only child a birthday party every year?

The child is now 16 is having a big sweet sixteen bash this year.What do you think of parents who throw their only child a birthday party every year?
I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the child isn't a spoiled, selfish, brat. A birthday only happens once a year so it makes sense to have a party every year.What do you think of parents who throw their only child a birthday party every year?
I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you talking about like a big party out somewhere every year? Because my family has always had birthday parties for each of us (4 kids) every year, and I continue that tradition for both of my kids - but the parties are usually at our house and just for close friends and relatives. I never saw anything wrong with that. Big, fancy parties (like out at a restaurant or somewhere or sleepover parties) are reserved for special birthdays like 16 though.
Am I missing something - should birthday parties be rationed for only children? Well my son is an only child, and whether he gets siblings or not he will be getting a birthday party every year until he asks me to stop or gets old enough to throw his own, whichever comes first. As far as I was aware, that was just normal.
No problems here. I had birthdays parties all time growing up. They started off as the usual kid parties then about 10 or 11 its was sleep overs with all my girlfriends. I also had a huge 15 birthday celebration it was held at a dance hall with over 300 guest. Yes i am an only child. I also have yearly birthdays for my 4 kids. i see nothing wrong in it. Once my kids turn 5 they are given a choice as what to do for their birthday. For example when my son turned 6 he picked who he wanted to go with the family and he picked the activity. He choose to go bowling so thats what we did.
I don't see anything wrong with it. I was an only child and we did a party every year to celebrate. It wasn't always big and fancy, but we celebrated. My sweet 16 was actually a murder mystery dinner theatre with like 10 of my closest friends.....it was costly, but you only turn 16 once.
i throw both of my children a birthday party every year. well this year will be my daughters first birthday. i will do this as long as they want a party. if they get too old and don't want one we'll just have a family dinner out somewhere. it's really up to them when they want to stop having them.
I think it's just fine. Personally, I think birthday parties should be a private family affair except for hallmark dates, but some people have large families and want to celebrate with everyone. Fine, go ahead, but don't whine to me that you don't have any money.
My parents had two kids and throw us a birth day party every year.


My friend has four and throws them each one each year. It is a birthday. If you can afford a party go for it even if you don't your birthday needs to be acknowledged in some way
It's fine with me. If I only had one child, two or even three, I would make sure my child has a birthday party every year, small or big as long as it is a party with family and friends to celebrate with.
I see nothing wrong with a yearly birthday party. I've never seen any sense in a Sweet 16 party but nothing wrong with it.
i think that its fine. if they have the money then let them do it. Its their only child, of course they are going to spoil it.
Absolutely nothing. I have 5 kids and throw them all a party each year.
Why wouldn't a parent throw a party for their child's birthday?





Whether they have one or a dozen?
It depends on the kid's personality. If they like big parties go ahead. JUST LISTEN TO THEM IF THEY DON'T WANT A PARTY
If my child wants a birthday party every year, she'll get it. Only child or not. :)
Same thing as I think of Parents of 5 throwing a Birthday Party for each of their children every year....Just awesome.
I dont see anything wrong with it. After 16 it would start getting a little stupid though.
I don't think anything at all of it, it's normal even if you have more then one child
Why not? It is a celebration of their birth. I'll be celebrating my kids' birthdays with them until I die!
My kids have party every year. What's wrong with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment