Monday, May 10, 2010

How can I convince my parents to let me join this summer program?

This summer in New York City there is a progam for high school students at Pace University. It's not a residential program, so I would have to commute there everyday from my home on Long Island. However, my father works in the city and could drive me there and back on his way to and from work. Also, it costs $1000, but I told my parents I would be willing to get a job and pay for as much of it as I could. They still won't let me go!! It's an academic program that teaches filmmaking, and since that's the career path I'm interested in, it would be really good for my future. How do I show them what a great opportunity it is?


By the way, I'm (almost) 15 years old.How can I convince my parents to let me join this summer program?
It is refreshing to see someone like you wanting to further their education instead of just bumming around during the summer, and taking responsibility to work and pay for the class. The only thing I can think of to help you is, if you get some great answers here show them to your parents and maybe they will realize how important this is to you. Good luck young lady, with your attitude you are going far in your future.How can I convince my parents to let me join this summer program?
Sorry but I'm with your parents. You are too young to be commuting and it would be a burden on your dad. Maybe they can't afford the tuition and don't think that you will be able to pay for it. Maybe they are concerned for your protection.





If you were my 15 year old child, I wouldn't let you go.
i would start now earning the money to prove i will and set them down and talk to them like an adult no screaming or crying or yelling just calm and explain to them why you want to go have a bunch of good selling points about the program and answer all their questions if you act like an adult you are more likely to be treated like one
hmmm. well i kinda had to do the same thing. l am around your age and i wanted to do this exchange thing in europe. you went to 12 diffrent countries and got to know alot about peoples culture. i convinced my mom by telling her all the educational things that i was going to do in europe. she still was not convinced. i showed her the website and all. also i told her it would look good on a collage applaction. but how i really convinced her was i told a teacher about it and she convinced them by letting me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment