Sunday, May 9, 2010

Is it possible for people who grew up in divorced homes, without one parent or the other to understand love?

God is the authoritative Father figure. He rewards, punishes, and is demanding. It is hard enough to learn to respect parents who are in a good marriage. But how does one reach maturity and understand love if it has never been modeled for them in it's entirety?Is it possible for people who grew up in divorced homes, without one parent or the other to understand love?
';And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.'; Mark 10:27Is it possible for people who grew up in divorced homes, without one parent or the other to understand love?
You're on to something very important to understand. For instance i'm a child raised by a single parent and I can't seem to have a real loving relationship at 27. My girlfriend also had lost contact with her father as a young teen and that got her into much trouble with boys. I have issues with how to be a bread winner and she has problems with being a lady. With God all things are possible but broken homes bring many problems to marriage and raising children generation through generations.
I find your question appalling and offensive but I assume you just don't know any better. You obviously don't know much about the nature of love or you are defining it very narrowly. Jesus came to teach us about the different kinds of love other than the erotic or romantic.





Married life is not the only instance of love in the world, nor is it ';love in its entirety.'; The love of a parent or grandparent for a child or that between siblings or friends is present in most people's lives. While the child of divorce or parental death might not have a good model for the marriage relationship it doesn't mean that they don't know and/or understand love.





Parents generally don't stop loving their kids when they get divorced. In most cases the non-custodial parent still tries to see their children and spend time w/ them as much as possible.





So yes, it is quite possible.
Love is love. Speaking as a child of divorce, Love was always there. Maybe one or another parent couldn't be seen at the time, but the love was certainly there. And I reached maturity and held out for true love...and I found it. We've been married 14 years so far, and are still in love.


Maturity doesn't come from numbers...it doesn't matter how many parents are in the house....love comes from the heart, and if it's strong, then it will help you grow. Maturity comes from learning from those who love you.
gosh, don't EVEN get me started. OF COURSE!!!! God IS love. He loves you, and wants you to understand the love that He pours out on you! if your parents divorced and you didnt get to see the love they had for each other displayed, I am truly sorry. that's a horrible thing to go through. and it'll be strange when you begin to understand it more than you do, but it's so beautiful and it's all that God wants you to understand--- the love He adorns you with. He created you just to be with you and love you. if that aint love, i dont know what is.
Trial and error. I'm still partially convinced that all men are controlling and the only way to get my way is to pleasure them.


I'm working it out, but that was my parental model. You just have to decide what's right, regardless of what your parents did.
It's tough - very tough.





The reason? A child is the one flesh product of his/her parents - essentially half him and half her. With only one present, at best the child is at best half a person.








Divorce is very tragic.
Are you saying that a person that comes from a family that has been through divorce is less of a person than someone from a supposedly ';complete'; family?





I don't really get what you're trying to say.
My real father was never in my life, my mother was never around when I was younger, yet I do understand the concept of love fully.
Its very difficult. I would guess that most kids without good parental role models for love, get their impressions of it from the television, which is why there are so many divorces now days.
I found God to be love when I was sanctified; I had never known love, but I still had to learn that God loves me through many trials
Well I grew up in a single parent home. I have reached the maturity to understand God's love. My mom raised three children and she taught us well.
Its possible to have two parents under one roof and never to be modeled what love is.
It certainly is possible.
Absolutely, but it requires great pain and suffering to balance that missing set of ethics.
Yes, but it's hard, yet there are some single parents that rise to the occasion and find the grace to make it happen
of course
WTF?! I cannot BELIEVE what I'm reading, a-maz-ing. You really have no idea about anything do you?





Good grief!!
My mom had 2 parents (50 years marriage)... but her marriage was a mess.
Sure.
Yes
Yes.











LOL
  • makeup trends
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment